FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JUST THE FACTS: 2016 AAdvantage Program Changes Announced 17 Nov 2015
Old Nov 17, 2015, 2:27 pm
bse118

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bchandler02
So the way I read this, as a current Gold member, I will have to spend a minimum of $3571.42, not including tax, to maintain Gold down the road. I've been able to do this pretty easily for 2500-3000 in the past.

I agree that the earnings on BA are horrible - since I go to DUB at least once a year I usually end up on BA from LHR to DUB. For now, I'll assume the AA flight numbers operated by BA are safe, but it could make me reconsider and fly direct out of PHL or ORD in the future, not to mention direct to DUB is easier without LHR in the mix.

However, for my current trip, which is giving me ~13k EQM for $1200 all in, would now give me 8400 EQM, and that's not including the probably ~200 of tax/fees, which would make it somewhere around 7000 EQM. This alone will make me seriously reconsider my strategy for next year, either looking elsewhere, or just taking 1 big trip in J each year instead of many smaller trips like I have been doing.
I think you are misreading things (or I am misreading you)

EQMS continue to be based on distance flown. Not $

Last edited by bse118; Nov 17, 2015 at 2:28 pm Reason: Typo