FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where to store luggage in San Diego?
View Single Post
Old Nov 8, 2015, 6:46 pm
EmailKid
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by RobertTheTraveler
Not really sure why TJ is on your agenda. Went only one time when I lived in SD in the 90s. Schlocky dollar-store type curio/gift "boutiques", dusty low income neighborhoods, and moderate to lengthy cross-border foot traffic lines.

If you are merely going to booze it up, I suppose to each his own. Unless you have visited San Diego before, it has plenty of outstanding ways to spend an afternoon. Spending an afternoon in Coronado and its spacious, un-rowdy beach would be a vacation on its own.
Unless you just want to say "I've been to Mexico," no good reason to go there @:-)

I was there recently, and there have been some changes from even a couple of years ago (reason I go is that I can stay in a decent hotel for $35 or so plus $5 roundtrip on Trolley and grab $1 fish tacos), but pedestrian traffic can be THREE hours long depending on time of day and week And just a couple of weeks ago they actually PUT A STAMP IN MY PASSPORT on entry (ran out of pages a year before expiration last time).

And there is SO MUCH to San Diego, from Coronado Island (where you can take the passenger ferry) to Balboa Park ....

But must say, very few American tourists compared to pre 9-11, but there are cafes that opened that seem to have mostly native customers, and we're talking Starbucks expensive in Mexico.