FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Those who wipe down the seats and tray tables with anti-bacterial wipes...
Old Feb 10, 2015, 11:55 am
sunnyjl

Originally Posted by Jane42
Truly...just out of curiosity...what about those that have had relatives that have passed away from the same disease. Are they more apt to be able to avoid cancer if they live a healthier lifestyle. My understanding it that if this is the case, it is genetics. I know a family where two out of the four sisters have been diagnosed and treated for cancer and they are health nuts.

When I go to the doctors office, they continually are using an antibacterial on their hands before examining me. Why would that be? Could it be because they are seeing several people and do not want to spread any germs. If so, why would it not be ok for the rest of us, if we are being exposed to many germs.

If you are a doctor I would be interested in your comments. Or do you just review records....
Hard to say about genetics. There are those in the medical community who believe cancer is all genetic, and those who don't. Personally I think you are genetically pre-disposed, and something triggers it...viruses, other illnesses, toxins, lifestyle choices, etc. Case in point: One patient has no immediate family with a cancer history. But all four of their grandparents had some form of it.

Medical practitioners use the gel to prevent spreading germs from one patient to the next, and to protect themselves to some extent.