Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Those who wipe down the seats and tray tables with anti-bacterial wipes...

Those who wipe down the seats and tray tables with anti-bacterial wipes...

Old Feb 7, 2015, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by mapleg
Hmm...let's check cancers of young children. Not a lot of smoking, drinking to excess or being out of shape.

I am not going to digress on causes of cancer for the general population since I am not an oncologist. Suggest you do the same.
I hate to burst your bubble. But, many children are products of a poor environment which includes not eating properly, not getting enough exercise (sitting behind a video game controller), not sleeping enough, etc. Yes, there are children who have diseases that are not caused by living habits. However, these are not the norm. And, there are very young children with diseases wherein many times their immune system fights it off.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 11:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Wow...love all of the armchair doctorin' in this thread.

I've never wiped down an airline seat or tray table. I'm just rollin' the dice I guess...
Old Feb 10, 2015, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by Jane42
Truly...just out of curiosity...what about those that have had relatives that have passed away from the same disease. Are they more apt to be able to avoid cancer if they live a healthier lifestyle. My understanding it that if this is the case, it is genetics. I know a family where two out of the four sisters have been diagnosed and treated for cancer and they are health nuts.

When I go to the doctors office, they continually are using an antibacterial on their hands before examining me. Why would that be? Could it be because they are seeing several people and do not want to spread any germs. If so, why would it not be ok for the rest of us, if we are being exposed to many germs.

If you are a doctor I would be interested in your comments. Or do you just review records....
Hard to say about genetics. There are those in the medical community who believe cancer is all genetic, and those who don't. Personally I think you are genetically pre-disposed, and something triggers it...viruses, other illnesses, toxins, lifestyle choices, etc. Case in point: One patient has no immediate family with a cancer history. But all four of their grandparents had some form of it.

Medical practitioners use the gel to prevent spreading germs from one patient to the next, and to protect themselves to some extent.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.