FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Help! I have a connection in Japan!" Master Thread
Old Nov 20, 2014, 9:50 am
alexmom

Originally Posted by Squallrine
NRT/NRT
Int/Int
Single ticket - return
IAH-NRT UA
NRT-CGK ANA

I'll be traveling with my 4yo & infant (around 2mo) in 3 months, with the above itinerary.
Upon checking my ticket online yesterday I relized that UA has changed its schedule and makes our layover time in NRT from 3hrs 55mins down to 2hrs 20mins. I'm travelling light with 1 backpack and 1 diaper bag, and hoping our stroller w/ infant carseat attached will come out at the gate when we connecting. I hope we have more than enough time for this connection?

The return will be bit tricky, though that time i will have my spouse with me.
Again, UA changed its flight time so instead of 3hrs 10mins, we will only have 1hrs 15mins for this connection. And we book seat on the back of the plane.
Considering we have to wait to get off the plane, waiting for our stroller, then walk through security etc, Do you think this connection doable with our condition? Should we move our seat further front? What will happened if the first flight delayed?
Anybody has experience with these airlines and this very short connection time?
Squallrine, I don't have have any personal experience, but I have the same 75 minutes connection on my return trip in 3 weeks. I'll be traveling with 3yo.

In the below thread that I started about this short connection, the posters there assured me that 75 min connection is doable and explained what would happen if I miss the connection. Very helpful information.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan...a-itl-itl.html