FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Family Asked To Leave Southwest Flight After Tweet
Old Jul 23, 2014, 3:44 pm
rsteinmetz70112

Originally Posted by NLO
Reisen gets it, and clearly a subject matter expert on this topic. Retaliation for negative feedback is atrocious behavior.

I've done the exact same thing as this father on SWA with my daughter and was not harassed by the gate agent nor any other flyers. This father has been called ....... and ......... in this thread for what? Asking that he and his 2 young kids board in the A group that he had a boarding pass for? Where is the crime? The GA said no, he thinks it's poor service and has every right to express his views. Sheesh.
We don't know what Mr. A-List did or didn't do at the gate. We don't know if he asked to board with his kids or simply tried to bluster his way through. His attitude as expressed in interviews and tweets indicates he felt and still feels he had a right to board with his children at his A-List boarding position.

He doesn't.

We will likely never know where things went wrong. Perhaps Mr. A-List is right and the GA was rude in stopping him. If that happened it was right to stop him and wrong to be rude. It seems to me far more likely that Mr. A-List took exception to being told he had to wait and became irate. It's even possible he continued to be irate on the aircraft, and that precipitated his temporary removal.