FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Langham 1865 Program
View Single Post
Old Jun 11, 2014, 6:38 am
lcpteck

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by ben1233
Just wanted to give a very brief write-up after a weekend stay at the Langham Chicago. Overall a very nice place and the public spaces are well designed and thought out. The bar is really swanky with awesome views. Rooms were decently sized and the bathrooms were great. It's easy to see why its the #1 TA rated hotel in Chicago.

More specific to this thread and regarding the 1865 program, however....I qualified for Voyager status which invited me to set a whole bunch of preferences on the website. I'm not sure what any of that did as I had to ask for basically everything I was supposed to be entitled too. A little odd, I thought. No room upgrade offered, no late checkout, etc. etc. Obviously those things are all based on availability but when checking out on a Sunday, I'd think at least the late checkout would be an option as Sunday nights in DT chicago are normally quiet(er). I thought the execution of this 1865 deal was a bit wonky.

Though I've never stayed at the Four Seasons and I would consider the Trump a bit flashy, I give my nod to the Waldorf farther up along state street. Rooms are larger, upgrades are generous and it doesn't have the "zoo" feeling that the Langham did on a busy saturday night in Chicago.

I'd stay at the Langham again if the WA was not available or price competitive.
Great review, did you receive any room upgrades after you asked at frontdesk?

My experience with Langham Place Xiamen was there was no upgrade offered and I didn't bother to ask since I was already overwhelmed with the room and service. I asked for local amenity but didn't see any in my room (property still very new). As for Langham Xintiandi, Shanghai, they did not offer an upgrade hence I did ask nicely and managed to get the next category room (corner room). I also receive the amenities that I picked on my preferences.

It looks like as though they don't offer room upgrades proactively, so I guess we'll have to ask nicely and see what's the result.

For Langham Place Xiamen, I was given access to the Club Lounge which doesn't appear to be the norm. For Langham Xintiandi, Shanghai, you'll have to purchase access/Club room.