FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Like" Button?
Thread: "Like" Button?
View Single Post
Old Oct 27, 2013, 4:28 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by Sarfa33
If the wording of the feature could be changed to be "+1" instead of "Like", would that change people's opinions?
If +1 means Agree, then use the word Agree.

Originally Posted by Football Fan
This would be a great feature. Could also call it "Thanks" feature (instead of "Like").
I wonder if we could have separate icons for Thanks and Agree?

Originally Posted by restonva
Amazon allows readers to indicate whether a review was helpful, thus allowing users to sift through the bulk of reviews to focus on comments that others found helpful. A think a similar mechanism here would enhance the utility of FT.
Helpful is more precise than Thanks, so I "like" that.

Being able to filter on Helpfulness would probably be very hard for vBulletin, but you never know for sure unless you ask.

I'm leaning toward asking IB what it would take to implement separate icons for Agree and for Helpful. (Or use Thanks for Helpful if Amazon has some legal monopoly on that term.) Second I would like to ask whether filtering posts on Helpful rating would be feasible.

If people used the Wiki feature more often, filtering might not be necessary. On the other hand, filtering would be a great tool for people looking for the best content to add to a Wiki.