Old Jul 9, 13, 1:49 pm
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by bmcconnell17 View Post
Hello,

I'm also wondering if you could give me some info about a connecting flight I have coming up next week.

I'll be leaving from MTL > CDG > Rome and will have a 1 hr 45 min transfer time.

I'll be arriving in 2E, heading towards 2F.

Arrival time is 5:30am and departure is 7:15am.

At this point I don't know which part of 2F I'll be in but for a connecting flight to Rome, what would be the most likely one? And what is the best way to get there from 2E?

Also, will I have to clear security/passport check when coming from Montreal - I don't believe we're clearing customs in MTL so I'd assume we'll have to in CDG.

Thanks in advance for your help.
First, welcome to Flyertalk
Hopefully, you precised Montréal in your post because MTL doesn't mean anything here (as you may know airports codes are YUL for Montréal Trudeau airport and YMQ for Montréal "all airports").
I don't really see why you want to know in which part of 2F your flight to FCO will depart from . It doesn't really matter now that 2F is entirely Schengen ops. It has 2 different concourses but you can navigate from one to the other without pb. In any case, it is impossible to know in advance which gate you'll have. To get to 2F from 2E, it depends :
- if you arrive in K gate, just walk
- if you arrive in L or M gates, take the automatic train to K and walk. From L gates, you have the alternative to walk the whole way (not a bad alternative IMO).
Whatever the situation, just follow the signs to 2F and you'll be fine .

You will clear immigration in CDG (1st. entry in Schengen area) and you will clear customs in FCO.