FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}
Old Jun 20, 2013, 10:28 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Best strategy is to ask for it and negotiate. Most properties do not waive "resort fees" for Diamonds.

You might look at the other properties - DoubeTree Aalana is within two blcoks of HWV and often upgrades Diamonds to some very nice quarters; Embassy Suites Wikiki Beach Walk (a block from Waikiki and has its own extensive thread about pros and cons, rooms to avoid, etc.) are great alternatives unless you prefer dealing with small screaming human beings at all hours and lots of crowds, nickel-and-dime everything. ES also has "resort fees", Alana does not unless things have changed a lot.

Originally Posted by brp
Actually, I didn't. I did a search for "Waikoloa" and then did a within-thread search for "Resort Fees" in this thread figuring that the answer was likely resort-specific as I've found many things Hilton to be specific to the individual location. Of the relevant posts in this thread, I found the one I quoted to use as a jumping-off point.

If it's believed to be a Hilton-universal policy, I can certainly do as you suggest.

So, I did the search and found 4 threads total (title search), and one was relatively current

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...sort-fees.html

The implication here is that, in general, it is not waived, however at least one result at this location indicates that it was waived. So, it seems that there are location-specific differences....hence the question remains

While it didn't provide relevant results, I appreciate the suggestion and pointer.

Cheers.