FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is it safe to go to Israel after Today events?
Old Nov 15, 2012, 6:18 am
Thumper

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
Originally Posted by eloraculo
I read various travel warnings from different countries, but I don't think any had been changed yesterday.
If you are planning to visit Jerusalem and the Dead Sea area, it is very likely that you will not even be aware of what is taking place in Gaza. The 40 kilometer avisory would also put Tel Aviv out of the range of what is taking place.

It is natural to feel concern for safety of your children, and I assure that the Israeli government is sensitive to the many visitors it has from all over the world and these legitimate concerns. Areas that are not safe for travelers are simply not open to them. Having been in Ashkelon and Sderot myself recently, I can say that I would be hesitant to send my children there this week. My family continues to be in Jerusalem, and Iam at peace with that.

But again, if you are indeed going to be in Jerusalem and the West Bank, other than an expanded protection net (typical in Jerusalem and the West Bank is seeing soldiers regularly all hours of the day - very little street crime!)

Dress warm, it has been cool and damp in Jerusalem.