FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AONE4 from Khartoum
View Single Post
Old Oct 27, 2012, 1:26 am
anabolism

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by JohnAx
I'd rather do a turn than spend time in the region, though. Having gotten more serious I need to go back and review this thread to see how people have managed in that process. Turning around with RJ would be ideal since bags could presumably be left behind in AMM but I'm also trying to build a table of other KRT arrivals; many carriers don't fly daily so for instance I didn't even realize that Ethiopian flew the route.
I also would not want to spend any time in KRT or the area, so want to do a same-day TWOV. Checking EF I see a number of options, including FRA-KRT (I use EF's +/- 3 days to see flight possibilities that aren't every day).

My plan is to leave all my bags in LHR or FRA or some place, go to KRT to start the trip, then go back to retrieve everything. I'll need a duplicate passport (without TLV stamps) but hope there won't be any issue with transit (as opposed to entry visa) using a U.S. passport.

Originally Posted by lerasp
just booked AONE3 ex-KRT. While speaking with AA RTW desk, the agent mentioned that they've been getting many calls about ex-KRT itineraries and are "aware of the advantageous pricing and are in the process of reviewing it". no idea what it means, but thought i'd pass it on. This was said without any questions from me or without any prompting. As soon as I said "KRT", the agent put me on hold and then came back shortly with the above statement.
so for anyone on the fence, i suggested do it ealier rather than later.
Yikes! I've already ticketed my 2013 DONE4 with some painful upgrades so I don't want to junk it. I want to do a 2014 ex-KRT AONE4 but of course that can't be booked until Feb 1, unless I waste some of the segments by flying in 2013, when I won't need them.

Originally Posted by joepubli
Yes thats right. Mine is endng in Abud Dhabi. It needs to be in Middle East - for some reason choosing Amman gives a much higher price.
Can I end in TLV?