FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Priority Lanes/Fast Tracks Security
View Single Post
Old Apr 3, 2012, 6:04 am
JOUY31
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Any idea if it is the same for passport control when landing at LHR?
Well, fast-track lanes at LHR have always been unavailable to EU passport holders (and they are not open in the afternoon IIRC) ... I am not counting on this changing, but would be delighted to be proven wrong .

Originally Posted by brunos
I think that it is a bit confusing as fasttrack can refer to immigration and to security.

I respectfully disagree in the case that concerns me most, namely transfers at T5. There is a fast-track immigration lane(s)where a BA staff checks your BP (as BAEC Gold, I get fasttracked). Then you walk directly to the immigration officers in charge of fasttrack (usually no wait). Then you walk upstairs and get into fastrack security lanes which are much faster than the normal ones.
I know that this is OT, but JOUY31 was making a general statement about LHR.
Actually, I was making a general statement regarding LHR, irrespective of airlines, answering nicolas75's question about fast track passport check upon landing, commenting about what BAA & UKBA have signs for immigration fast-track lanes, which is, as NickB has mentioned, fast track manned immigration lanes upon arrival.

For T5: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...on-lhr-t5.html, but I have never been able to use fast track upon arrival in T1, T3 or T4, either.

Regarding departures and transfers, British authorities should generalize document checks upon departures from LHR, but, in my personal experience, it is not always the case today.

Last edited by JOUY31; Apr 3, 2012 at 10:04 am