Wiki Posts
Search

Fast track immigration LHR T5

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2012, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: QFF P1 LTG, lots of others
Fast track immigration LHR T5

I've done a search and there's so much conflicting information about this service. Can someone clarify/confirm the following:

What I gather is that:
a) only valid for long haul
b) only valid for non EU passport holders
c) you may get a voucher on board if travelling in F
d) if you dont have a voucher you can still use it provided you have flown F or CW
e) if you dont have a voucher you can still use it if you are a gold or silver card holder??
f) closes after 1300
Old Mar 12, 2012, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by funkyr
I've done a search and there's so much conflicting information about this service. Can someone clarify/confirm the following:

What I gather is that:
d) if you dont have a voucher you can still use it provided you have flown F or CW
e) if you dont have a voucher you can still use it if you are a gold or silver card holder??
f) closes after 1300
A-C definitely. D-E YMMV. F no idea.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 9:02 am

Programs: BA GfL

What I gather is that:

Not necessarily.

I've seen UK/EU passport holders use FT if the EU lane is crowded.

No, all you need is to simply show your boarding card to the staff manning the FT lane.

All you need is your boarding card.

I don't know about this.

f) closes after 1300
It's always open in T5.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 9:06 am
Suspended

Programs: Mucci, BAEC (Silver), FlyBe
f) closes after 1300
I respectfully disagree with Peregrine415. I keep passing through and seeing a sign that says "FastTrack <some early hour> - 13:00", much to my irritation.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 9:34 am

Programs: BA GfL
Originally Posted by dark_horse
I respectfully disagree with Peregrine415. I keep passing through and seeing a sign that says "FastTrack <some early hour> - 13:00", much to my irritation.
I've been able to use FT a couple of times during early evening hours when day flights from the US arrive around the same time, so it's possible that they re-open it during evening hours.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 10:00 am

Programs: MUCCI, BAEC Silver, A-Club Gold
My experience when I arrived on Sat morning - there was a fast track immigration queue but was told it was for F, CW or Silver and Gold with a non-EU passport, everyone else had to join the standard queue. Is this true?
Old Mar 12, 2012, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Non-EU longhaul premium passengers can use Fast Track immigration. A voucher is not needed as long as you have your BP/FF card.

Officially Fast Track closes at 13.00 in all terminals, but sometimes is open during peak times at UKBA discretion.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by Genius1
Officially Fast Track closes at 13.00 in all terminals, but sometimes is open during peak times at UKBA discretion.
Not in T3 Or at least if it does someone should tell the airlines, because the pink envelopes they hand out say Fast Track is open 0530-2200.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by BicesterTerrier
My experience when I arrived on Sat morning - there was a fast track immigration queue but was told it was for F, CW or Silver and Gold with a non-EU passport, everyone else had to join the standard queue. Is this true?
Well, technically not; you might be able to join the IRIS queue or the e-passport queue
Old Mar 12, 2012, 12:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott LTP/PE
Originally Posted by dark_horse
Opens 6am I believe.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 12:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Came in on CE in T3,

Tried my BP, NO
Tried my CX gold card, NO
Tried my Amex Platinum Corporate Platinum Priority Security voucher, NO
Gave up and did the walk of shame
Old Mar 12, 2012, 11:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AMEX Plat and all that comes with it.
Fast track is normally shut when I come through on any flight except an overnight from the east. I've also been told I can't use when it when it is open it if I'm EU passport holder even when travelling CW.

On BA009 yesterday the CSD handed out a passes for J&F pax to use for the BKK fast lane, which saved a lot of time looking at the normal queue. Can't they implement this at home?
Old Mar 13, 2012, 2:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: QFF P1 LTG, lots of others
Originally Posted by FLT001
Fast track is normally shut when I come through on any flight except an overnight from the east. I've also been told I can't use when it when it is open it if I'm EU passport holder even when travelling CW.

On BA009 yesterday the CSD handed out a passes for J&F pax to use for the BKK fast lane, which saved a lot of time looking at the normal queue. Can't they implement this at home?
That's interesting - I flew J ORD-LHR recently and no fast track boarding pass offered although I'm an non EU pass port holder with a non English accent.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 3:51 am

Programs: MUCCI, BAEC Silver, A-Club Gold
Originally Posted by stifle
Well, technically not; you might be able to join the IRIS queue or the e-passport queue
Sadly never had a chance to register for Iris, office was generally closed when passing, I have a 7yr old passport, sadly no chip. I was going to look into getting a second one, but as I have several pages free and usually do not have to send the passport away for visas then getting the Company to sort it out might not be easily justified.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.