Wiki Posts
Search

Priority Lanes/Fast Tracks Security

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2010, 10:20 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Aber Sabeel
Last year at Paris CDG I was told by some airlines staff to use the security fast track, and then the security guy returned my from there. It's either he did not know the rule or did not like my accent.
Sounds strange as the ADP staff at CDG (IMO) are quite knowledgeable when it comes who can what and when.

Did you depart/arrive on a ST flights and which country do you hold your FBG? If in the US this is not an E+ card and to my knowledge only E+ PAX have access to the fast track (please correct me if I'm wrong someone)...
Old Nov 7, 2010, 12:13 pm

Programs: FB Plat, Privium
Originally Posted by Cupart
Sounds strange as the ADP staff at CDG (IMO) are quite knowledgeable when it comes who can what and when.

Did you depart/arrive on a ST flights and which country do you hold your FBG? If in the US this is not an E+ card and to my knowledge only E+ PAX have access to the fast track (please correct me if I'm wrong someone)...
Same here. I've passed CDG security about a hundred times, they always lead you to the right line.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 2:35 pm

Programs: FB Gold
VIE has priority lane for elites in Y as well as Business Class when going to B gates.

Otherwise the security is just before the gates so no so big hastle
Old Nov 8, 2010, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
None at LYS for any airline unless you are a Privilys member. Then you cut to the front of the line and get dirty looks from everyone else.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 3:38 am

Programs: FB
At Manchester T2 the KLM desk put an orange Fastlane sticker on my boarding pass. You could ask them nicely for this.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 12:46 pm

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum for Life Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
Fast Track in Oslo Airport

There is no fast track in Oslo for Flying blue members no matter what class or status one is. The only Fast tract there is for Business Class passengers of Scandinavian Airlines System and Scandinavian Airlines System Eurobonus Gold Members.

Last edited by strikerbird; Nov 9, 2010 at 12:54 pm
Old Nov 12, 2010, 4:23 am

Programs: KL (silver), BA
Originally Posted by flyBHX
Perhaps STE+ get this perk but not ST Elites (i.e. not FB Silver)?
as FB silver I got the sticker on my Boarding card at Birmingham to AMS flying Y yesterday and could get through security check very fast. (ok they offloaded me again due to the storm in AMS and the resulting delays which prevent all connectiong PAx to stay in UK and fly out today....)

Cheers, Tjobbe.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 6:47 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life, M&M Senator
CDG Acces No 1

I don't know whether this is the correct thread but also related to fast track. As platinum member, they channel me through Access No 1 in Paris for outbound flights. So in this case it is obvious that for elite members, this is available.
However my question relates to the return flight. Are elite (or elite+ members) allowed to go through the Access No 1 channel for immigration when travelling in Y or premium economy?
Old Nov 16, 2010, 6:57 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by fdelite
I don't know whether this is the correct thread but also related to fast track. As platinum member, they channel me through Access No 1 in Paris for outbound flights. So in this case it is obvious that for elite members, this is available.
However my question relates to the return flight. Are elite (or elite+ members) allowed to go through the Access No 1 channel for immigration when travelling in Y or premium economy?
Definitely. Just show the boarding pass from your arriving flight to the ADP staff.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 10:09 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by fdelite
Are elite (or elite+ members) allowed to go through the Access No 1 channel for immigration when travelling in Y or premium economy?
Only E+ can use the Access No 1 both ways...

Last edited by Cupart; Nov 16, 2010 at 1:21 pm
Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by pjhartog
Actually, GVA used to be only C pax and *alliance Senator (or something like that) but recently elites on FB were okay too - they actually scan boarding passes and they show OK nowadays. Not sure if that is an incident or by design though.

PJH
Confirmed: access travelling in Y with Plat card at GVA.

Last edited by MichielR; Nov 16, 2010 at 11:39 am Reason: clean up quote
Old Dec 18, 2010, 5:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by MichielR
Confirmed: access travelling in Y with Plat card at GVA.
Not anymore. They installed new equipment last week which scans the BP and only give access to C pax now.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 10:23 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum Elite / BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Gajan
- LHR T4: access for First & Business class passengers, no access for elites in Y;
- JFK T4: access for First & Business class passengers, no access for elites in Y.
This is technically true, but not in practice. I fly out of LHR4 in Y quite often, but I make sure to check in in the SkyTeam Business check-in area. This way, my boarding pass is printed on a business class template. Then if I get told that I can't use the FastTrack, I promptly pull out my Plat card and tell them that the check-in lady said I could... works like a charm every time.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Thumbs up LHR T4: Fast track now opened to Elite members

Originally Posted by Gajan
- LHR T4: access for First & Business class passengers, no access for elites in Y
Now access is open to Elite members
Just show your boarding pass, no need to show your Plat card

Any idea if it is the same for passport control when landing at LHR?
Old Mar 26, 2012, 6:39 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Is that official? As in: The sign next to the queue says that Skyteam elites are allowed to use the priority line?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.