FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DRAFT - A Guide to BA's 777 fleet
View Single Post
Old Nov 15, 2011, 1:12 pm
Flexible preferences

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
2. A 3 class plane with the front cabin running from rows 1-4 (not full rows), plus 11-12 after Door 2 with a total of 40J seats. These operate solely from Gatwick.

For the plane spotters these have registrations in the range G-VIIx, GE engines and date from the late 90’s. They are fitted with tiny video screens and a tape loop system. They are due to be fitted with new WT, WT+ and Thales AVOD.

4. 3 class plane with the front cabin running from rows 1-5, plus aft of door 2 giving a total of 48J seats. Confusingly they operate from both LHR and LGW so do check carefully when booked ex Gatwick.

These G-YMMx planes are fitted with Rolls Royce Engines and a limited AVOD system. There are no plans to equip these with the new “down the back” cabins or updated AVOD
Thanks for the very detailed guide. BA's 777 fleet does seem quite a mess!

One thing that confuses me though is the likelihood of AVOD from LGW. I thought it was highly likely you'd get AVOD if travelling from LGW on a 777 This seems to be backed up by this post which shows that at least in April 2010 the vast majority of flights ex-LGW have AVOD.

Have things changed significantly at LGW since April 2010 which means a non AVOD 777 is far more likely?

I'm not due to travel from LGW soon, but for some reason I'm really curious about this!

Last edited by Flexible preferences; Nov 15, 2011 at 1:13 pm Reason: messed up quote