FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JFK Inter-Terminal Connections (consolidated)
Old May 24, 2011, 5:25 pm
ComputerX

JFK Inter-Terminal Connections (consolidated)

Hi all,

First, a huge "thank you" to all who post here. I have learned a tremendous amount by lurking, and flyertalk has become my number one destination for travel information.

I have read the FAQ and the wiki. There is an entry for "LGA Inter-Terminal Connections," but not for "JFK Inter-Terminal Connections." My question is similar to this post, but I want to know if there are options besides Airtrain and how important it is to go the right direction.

I am flying into JFK at 9:15pm EDT on AA (terminal 8.) I fly out at 11:00pm EDT on Turkish Airlines (terminal 1.) That gives me just 1:45 to get from terminal 8 to terminal 1. I am not checking any luggage, just a carry-on and a backpack.

How do I best handle this?

My girlfriend is currently in NYC and her driver said I should "exit past baggage claim, then take the blue and white inter-terminal bus rather than the Air Train, since the next stop is Term 1."

Another frequent traveler said that it is important to get on the train going the right way. From reading wikipedia it looks like I should get on the Howard Beach or Jamaica Station train and I will only have to go a couple stops. The All Terminals train would be the long way around the loop. If I miss my stop, well Jamaica Plain and Howards Beach both sound like lovely destinations

What am I missing? Could we start a consolidated "best inter-terminal transit" thread for future lurkers?

Thank you all,

Dan