FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need help – adding more pages to US Passport
Old Feb 9, 2011, 11:23 pm
Richard Chen

Programs: UA .5M, Vistana 1-Star owner
Thumbs up add US passport pages

Originally Posted by kebosabi
... Secondly, how exactly are the extra pages added to an existing passport? Do they actually re-stitch extra pages after page 24 and are the numbered as pages 25~48? Also, despite my passport has an issue date of January 2007, they gave me the old type passport without the IC chip. Will this affect anyway in the passport pages that I am issued?
First, thanks to all who've long ago answered not just this but the dozens of questions above. A huge thanks which saved my re-asking a duplicate question .

Originally Posted by SFOTurtle
Even if going in person to a consulate or embassy to get the extra pages, I assume you need to fill out the form, DS-4085?...
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I've had to fill out a form whenever I got pages added at a consulate.
Originally Posted by sbm12
Yes, that is the form. And you do need it filled out, even in person.
Originally Posted by AMRivlin
Fill out the form, required
Originally Posted by bakpaktrvl
... if I send it to PHIL- I have to pay and if I do it at overseas, its FREE ?
That's so helpful to know & answered my question:
Originally Posted by Richard Chen
Since the official How to Add Extra Pages to Your U.S. Passport doesn't mention the aforementioned service for free at overseas (and domestic?) consulates, I ask whether this service is still available at overseas consulates.
Originally Posted by dlwalt
Can I renew my passport early (expires Nov 13) rather than get the extra pages? Seems like a much better financial deal.
I'll renew mine as I've 2.5yrs left but expect 6 visas to be added + a dozen stamps.

Originally Posted by sbm12
Any experiences at the NYC agency for getting extra pages? I've booked an appointment for the morning of my flight (8:30am appointment, 12:50am flight) so I should have enough time, but I'm curious if anyone knows if they can process it immediately or if I'll have to return later that same day to pick up the passport.
I'll be in Delhi, India next week but I'll take my chances with the NYC agency. Any advice on navigating this agency, likely incredibly busy thus I'll be extra-efficient, is appreciated.

Related: