FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Brazil Tourist Visa Questions and Answers
Old Feb 2, 2011, 12:57 pm
MiamiAirport Formerly NY George
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Brazil Tourist Visa Questions and Answers

Originally Posted by cundo
Thanks for the quick reply. That is very promising.

I am in Washington state so I need to be very calculated if I plan on going to LA or another city w/ a consulate.

The earliest appointment I can schedule in LA is 2/11 or 2/14 so getting a 10-day or 2-week turnaround after that is cutting it extremely close. I'll have a few days to spare but if something goes wrong with my application, I'll have just a few days to:
  1. change our plane tickets,
  2. cancel hotel reservations &
  3. find a new destination to fly to through Rio.

If I go with the LA office, how confident can I be that I'll get my application processed in time for my trip?

If I change my trip, can I still land in GIG and catch another flight/itinerary to Argentina without dealing with Brazilian immigration without stepping out the airport doors?

Thanks again.
Yes, generally the consulate will stick to their stated turnaround, particularly if you have limited time. But again, your paperwork must be in perfect order.

As far as transiting in GIG, no you would not need a Visa. HOWEVER, if the second flight is on an different itinerary/airline I would contact your airline to make sure you will not be denied boarding.