FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Quality Tailor in Beijing
View Single Post
Old Apr 21, 2010, 4:21 am
damaxer91

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Originally Posted by BinBJ
Hi I wouldnt recommend Lisa's as their service is poor and the quality of their work is nothing to shout about. Here's my experience:

First of all, when we got there, nobody attended to us. We browsed around the shop for 20mins before my husband decided that they didnt want our business and walked out. I had wanted to try their work upon reading some good reviews and so approached the salesperson for some service. Only then did we get some attention and my husband returned to the shop.

The lady that served us did so without much enthusiasm. She merely stood there while we selected the fabrics. And when my husband asked if he could select the type of collars or specify how he wanted the seam across the back to be done. She pointed to the samples that they had on display and said "its all like that - normal ones, cant change". Because he wanted short-sleeved shirts, he asked abt the pocket. And she quite nonchanlantly replied "all normal, all normal". She didnt even ask if he had wanted a pocket in the first place. It peeved him already but we decided to carry on with the transaction as we have already chosen the fabrics.

When it came to my turn, I had wanted to get some skirts done. She pointed at the range of fabrics and quoted me a hefty 380rmb and said that they were wool/cashmere, hence the price. She refused budge on her price no matter how hard I negotiated. I made a pretty normal pencil skirt. I now know (very painfully) that a skirt of the same wool/cashmere fabric can be made for ~100-120rmb.

She looked pleased when we concluded the paid the deposit. Only then did she give us a smile.

When we returned to the store to pick up the clothes, we were rendered the same poor service. My shirt was loose, I had specified that I wanted a snug fit at the chest and the waist. The skirt was too big at the hips, plus the zipper was badly done. My husband's shirts were too big at the sides and the shoulder seam was way beyond the shoulder. So all the items had to be redone.

I can only say that it cld NOT have been a language problem as we speak mandarin. And it was a good thing that I had only made 1 skirt at that ridiculous price that she charged me and gosh ... the service sucks! Will not recommend Lisa's to anyone.

I will probably give Fei Fei a try next time and post my experience here.
Lisa and her salespeople were very nice, but her suits and especially her shirts were less than stellar. The suit was of terrible craftmanship and the shirts lasted less than 5 wears