FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OJgate: Asking For Orange Juice May Violate Federal Law / AA Investigating FA Helen
Old Dec 15, 2009, 10:29 am
LoneStarMike

Originally Posted by emma dog
I agree that it would be helpful if the OP referenced their statements since the news clip isn't consistent with what (s)he wrote.
The OP most likely meant to link to this version of the story.

As amazing as this story is, I am actually at a loss as to the discussion value of this story.
Well, it's also being discussed in Newsstand as well as Travel Safety/Security

I think the discussion value is that it's a PR Failure

Also, in the passenger's account (link posted by Bmoney the passenger notes (emphasis added)

9) For the readers of the article who think this flight attendant was just "having a bad day" and should be left alone, please remember that she handed me a formal warning that threatened potential legal action. The Customer Service Manager who met all of us at the arrival gate stated that while he was shocked by the story we all told in unison, also mentioned that the warning letter was a serious matter that had to be investigated by multiple entities. I ask the readers of this blog how they'd react after being told that by this Senior Manager, especially if they had literally millions of frequent flyer miles with this airline, as I do.
He asks for orange juice, she launches into a one-minute tirade about how now is not the proper time in her service to ask for that, and then when he tells her she's being condescending, he gets slapped with a federal warning? That's an abuse of power, IMO.

The incident did make a pretty good Country & Western song, though.

AA Orange Juice Song