FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Embassy Suites Walnut Creek {US-CA}
View Single Post
Old Aug 30, 2009, 4:27 pm
anabolism

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Broken mattress

On our last stay here, I was upset by how poor the mattress was in the bedroom. It was worn out, literally broken down, sagging and slanting. I was under the impression (obviously false) that all Hilton family hotels now had the Suite Dreams bed -- even the Hilton Garden Inns that I've stayed at have them. I never expected such an awful mattress in an Embassy Suites, especially in a King Executive Room.

I complained to the front desk, who promised to check with engineering about replacing the mattress, but I never heard back. After my stay I used the post-stay web form to complain about it. All I wanted was some explanation for why they gave us a room with a mattress in such bad shape, and why my next stay would be better. I didn't ask for nor care about any compensation, just some assurance that my next stay would be better. All I got was a form letter from the manager saying "Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible." I wrote back but never got a reply. So, on our next trip to Walnut Creek we stayed at the Renaissance Club Sport, which is catty-corner to the Embassy Suites.

For the Embassy Suites Walnut Creek, I'd say the positives are:
  • Convenient to BART.
  • Full hot breakfast included.
  • Large rooms with separate bedroom and living/dining room.
  • Wet bar with coffee maker in dining room, hence coffee maker not in bathroom.

Negatives:
  • The BART tracks a few feet outside the window of the King Executive rooms is noisy
  • Some rooms have broken mattresses
  • Staff not always responsive to problems
  • No safe in room
  • Pool way too small to swim laps
  • Breakfast can be unpleasantly crowded and chaotic

Last edited by anabolism; Aug 30, 2009 at 4:59 pm Reason: add link to Renaissance Club Sport post