Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites Walnut Creek {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Embassy Suites Walnut Creek {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2002, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Embassy Suites Walnut Creek {US-CA}

Stayed at the Embassy Suites in Walnut Creek every week for the last six weeks. After the first week, the ONLY reason I stayed there was because it was close to where I was working.

1. Valet service was horrible. They stood around and watched as you got out of your car and removed your luggage. When they brought up cars, they would close the door as you were approaching it to get in. And, no help putting luggage in. Second week I was there they got rid of the valet service, all self park now.

2. I let the front desk know my iron was leaking water when I used it and it was impossible to use the iron as it kept getting my clothes wet. When I returned at the end of the day, they had placed a towel under the iron. Very helpful???

3. I let them know my shower drain was VERY slow, by the time I was done with my shower it was a bath. Next day, no change.

4. My colleague checked out and was asked how her stay was. She responded "fair". The clerk accepted this and asked no questions.

5. Diamonds get no benefits. At most ES, I usually have a box with water and snacks waiting for me in my room. Not here. When questioned, once I was told it's because they don't get a lot of Diamonds. The next time I asked, I was told it was because the get a lot of Diamonds. In either case, the response doesn't make sense.

6. One week, reserved a non smoking room. When I checked in, and went up to my room it was a smoking room. They were able to change my room after I returned to the front desk. No explanation as to why they put me in the room.

There were several other incidents that occurred, but listed are the memorable ones. They just don't care.

Other than the service, the hotel would be fine. It's a nice place, fairly updated with decent rooms.
Old Apr 1, 2004, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Embassy Suites Walnut Creek, CA

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...AG7E5U28J1.DTL

A scary story about an elderly woman who ended up in the wrong room.
Old Apr 1, 2004, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The article says that the elderly woman got a maid to open the door for her, so her keycard has nothing to to with the incident.
Old Apr 1, 2004, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Mea culpa, I didn't read the link. The news reports on TV here didn't even mention that, rather, they were even talking about how the key would let her into the wrong room. I just tried to find a quick local link. But then it wouldn't be tv news if it told all the facts.
Old Apr 2, 2004, 2:33 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I did have one just outside of DFW (can't recollect the name, a very nice property a client put me up at) that was - funny, at least for me. I was upgraded, and my key opened a very nice accomodation - with a couple in, er, flagrante delicious, or is it flagrante delicto? I sped on down and was upgraded yet again, to a very nice, and unoccupied, suite, and was given a letter for a free future stay.

I don't think the hotel made many points with the "entertained" (or was it intertwined?) guests, however.

Wasn't a keycard problem, it was a staff and inventory management problem.
Old Apr 2, 2004, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
Wasn't a keycard problem, it was a staff and inventory management problem.
Yep. I had the same experience at the Cairns Hilton, but I did not think of asking for any compensation (although I probably should have, the couple I inadvertently walked in on was not pretty to look at...
Old Apr 2, 2004, 7:21 pm

Eugene, Actually, I never even brought the idea of compensation up. It was the hotel management that double-upgraded me, and sent me a letter of apology with the credit-toward-a-future-stay (in a suite) letter. Some GM's really do bend over backwards to compensate, completely unprompted. ^

Originally Posted by Eugene
Yep. I had the same experience at the Cairns Hilton, but I did not think of asking for any compensation (although I probably should have, the couple I inadvertently walked in on was not pretty to look at...
Old Apr 3, 2004, 9:23 am

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
Talking

I can one up you. (i think) I walked in on two men!
(not that there is anything wrong with that, in some states!)
Not my personal choice.
Old Apr 3, 2004, 9:29 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
My wife, mother in law and I checked in to a Master's Inn in Charleston, SC. They had combo locks on the doors. For grins, I tried our combo on the room next door it worked! Next door too. We checked out and vowed to avoid Master's Inns, or anything like them in the future.
Old Apr 3, 2004, 7:11 pm

Red face one combo fits all...

Wow, people are having some experiences out there! I guess "Paris Hilton" isn't where all the lurid news is...
Old Jun 1, 2004, 10:28 am

Programs: SPEBSQSA
Exclamation Need Help - ES Walnut Creek, CA

Writing on behalf of a colleague. A recent stay at the ES Walnut Creek yielded a less than favorable check-in experience. When she went to her room, there was already someone there (where have we heard this one before?) Anyway, she went back down to the front desk, told them the problem, and they stated that she "should have helped her self to some of the food in the room!" My colleague spoke with the manager the next morning that seemed less than concerned.

She'd like to escalate this up the ladder, but doesn't know where to go. I think she needs to go beyond the GM; where do you suggest she writer her letter or email?
Old Jun 1, 2004, 6:24 pm

I have to say that the initial front desk response might have been my own! Too bad there's no room for humor anymore......
As for the manager's lack of response (and right now for that matter)... what does your friend want? Seems like a "no harm-no foul" situation to me. If there was no other inappropriate occurrence, I would let it ride. Perhaps I've been beaten down in my expectations over time, however...that said, I would have made a stink at the Waldorf but not at an Embassy Suites..
Old Jun 2, 2004, 9:58 pm

Since when does the type of hotel make a difference...

Originally Posted by xooz
I would have made a stink at the Waldorf but not at an Embassy Suites..
I've had this happen all too much for me. I can only wonder how many people have been in the room, maybe taking a shower, using the bathroom or even just taking a nap when someone comes into the room because the front desk screwed up by giving out the room to more than one guest.

I just don't think it's acceptable for ANY hotel not to know what rooms it has given out and which ones are occupied. I would send a letter to Hilton Honors and let them know of the problem.
Old Mar 29, 2005, 9:17 pm

Embassy Suites Hotel Pleasant Hill-Walnut Creek...opinions?

Taking the family San Francisco, spending the first day at Six Flags Marine Land and this hotel looks relatively close by and has a point stretcher on the day we are there but I know nothing of the area. If anyone that had stayed there could offer any insight into the property it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason
Old Mar 29, 2005, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA Plat (2MM), AS MVPG, DL DM, HH Dia(life), Hyatt Dia, SPG Plat
This hotel is about 10 miles from Marineland. You would be going against the morning traffic so it should be an easy drive if you will have a car.

The hotel is adjacent to the Pleasant Hill BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) station so it would be good for taking BART into the city.

Not a lot of eating establishments nearby, but close by in downtown Walnut Creek and downtown Pleasant Hill (if you have a car).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.