FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Petition: Allow posting of one own's website in their signature line
Old Aug 14, 2008, 5:11 pm
lin821

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by chexfan
Originally Posted by skofarrell
"Thanks for voting in the 20th Annual Freddies! "
Actually, it is:
Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

Interestingly enought it also goes against the "Limit your signature to two lines." rule.
First of all, what William put in his "personal signature" is his email address. That's not a commercial link to his own website.

Technically speaking, William's "official FT signature" in the public profile is "Thanks for voting in the 20th Annual Freddies!", as skofarrell clearly pointed out. That signature is a one-liner. Nothing against TOS, IMHO.

What chexfan questioned is the "personal signature" of Starwood Lurker. Our FT wisdom is not to put your email in any of your post to avoid spam. Yet, William chose to have his work email shown ^.
Originally Posted by skofarrell
He's a travel employee who "works" in a forum on FT. His sig denotes who he is and that what he's posting is "fact" vs "conjecture".

A lot different than someone wanting to shill something, like, say Amway via a link on a sig.

The world is not black and white. I have no problem with the Lurker's sig.
+1.

I don't see any problem with William's personal signature either, for the above quoted reason.