Wiki Posts
Search

Partner Promo in the Works?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2008, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Partner Promo in the Works?

About 30 minutes ago, webflyer had an announcement that USAirways was going to have a partner promo. Similar to the previous Delta promos, one would earn 4,000 bonus miles for using 4 partners, 8,000 miles for using 8 partners, etc. I believe it went all the way up to 40,000 miles if you used 28 partners. It had a baseball theme -- something like "Grand Slam."

No mention of it can be found on the USAirways website and now the story has been removed from webflyer.
Old Jun 10, 2008, 11:13 am

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Would that be like United's Netflix promo - 2000 miles for signing up even at the $4.99 rate for a month, or 4000 if you use a certain UA branded credit card?
Old Jun 10, 2008, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
Would that be like United's Netflix promo - 2000 miles for signing up even at the $4.99 rate for a month, or 4000 if you use a certain UA branded credit card?
Some of this is just speculation on my part because I did not see the official T&C's, but if it is anything like the two Delta promos, you get bonus points based solely on the number of different US Airways' partners you use. If 4 is the magic number for earning 4,000 bonus miles, under the Delta promo, you could stay at a hotel that earns you airline miles, dine at an I-Dine restaurant, buy something from the airline shopping site, and rent a car that earns miles; and these cumulative activities would earn you 4,000 miles on top of the typical miles earned.
Old Jun 10, 2008, 2:12 pm

Programs: US CP
I saw that webflyer article too, it was called Grand Slam. I remember the benefits the same way you have described them.

It had a US link that did not work - it was something like http://www.usairways.com/grandslam .

Odd indeed.
Old Jun 10, 2008, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by Sally4th
I saw that webflyer article too, it was called Grand Slam. I remember the benefits the same way you have described them.

It had a US link that did not work - it was something like http://www.usairways.com/grandslam .

Odd indeed.
Well that begs the question - is it a baseball or tennis themed promo? Something to tie in with the all-star game next month, or leading up to the US Open tournament in August?
Old Jun 10, 2008, 2:56 pm

Baseball themed. Now I want to know if there's a limit to the number of "hits" per individual partner. Surely no one actually intends to use 28 different (and I'm sure limited number of) partners. I don't suppose I could just eat at a participating restaurant 28 times in those 90 days?

Gotta love Google's cache:

US Airways? Grand Slam
(Posted: Jun 9, 2008)

Here's your chance to pad your Dividend Miles account. From July 1 through Sept. 30, 2008, Dividend Miles members can earn up to 40,000 bonus miles with the Grand Slam promotion. The more partners you use, the more bonus miles you'll earn. You'll earn a "hit" for qualifying transactions with participating Dividend Miles partners, and for every fourth hit you'll earn bonus miles in addition to the miles you would normally earn with the partner.

You'll earn 4,000 bonus miles for four hits, 8,000 for eight hits, 12,000 for 12, 16,000 for 16 and 20,000 bonus miles for 20 hits. And for members who earn 24 hits, you'll get a Grand Slam award for a total of 30,000 bonus miles; and if you really hit it out of the park and earn 28 or more hits, you'll earn a Hall of Fame award of 40,000 bonus miles.

To heat up the competition, the first 50 Dividend Miles member to earn a Grand Slam (24 hits) will get two upgrades to Gold Preferred Status - one for the registered member and one for a friend. You must register to earn the bonus miles and airline partners are not included in this promotion.
Old Jun 10, 2008, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
Baseball themed. Now I want to know if there's a limit to the number of "hits" per individual partner. Surely no one actually intends to use 28 different (and I'm sure limited number of) partners. I don't suppose I could just eat at a participating restaurant 28 times in those 90 days?

Gotta love Google's cache:
You would be surprised at the resourcefulness of FTers. The OP of the second Delta promo (Evan!) reported that he used 25 different partners in 2 months time, and I'm sure that others have done the same in other promos (e.g., Delta Version 1, AA (years ago), etc.).
Old Jun 16, 2008, 9:32 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Any new info on this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.