Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Sign in using an external account

Old Jul 6, 10, 10:00 pm   #1

Location: In the process of moving from Dubai back to Tokyo because I didn't like it there. In Florida now.
Programs: EY Gold, AA Gold, DL Gold
Question Cream-to Powder Compacts getting through?

Hi Ladies!

I usually apply a pwder bronzer on my face and have recently purchased a Shisedo cream to powder bronzing compact.

Do you think this is allowable? Certainly would hate to lose it. Thanks!
InTokyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 10, 10:39 pm   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTokyo View Post
Hi Ladies!

I usually apply a pwder bronzer on my face and have recently purchased a Shisedo cream to powder bronzing compact.

Do you think this is allowable? Certainly would hate to lose it. Thanks!
You should be okay since it's in a compact, but if you're concerned read and make sure it's fewer than 3 ounces. Then just put it in the quart size plastic bag and it will go through just fine.

Hope this helps
Mrs. Mackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 10, 11:47 pm   #3

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I bring mascara, lip gloss, small cosmetics through in my purse, not in a ziploc bag, all the time. They never pay these things any attention. I always have room in my baggie and could put them in there if they caused a stink, but they never do.
VelvetKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 10, 12:09 am   #4

Location: In the process of moving from Dubai back to Tokyo because I didn't like it there. In Florida now.
Programs: EY Gold, AA Gold, DL Gold
Thanks!
I couldn't remember what the rules were in the USA. I thought all liquids had to be in small clear plastic bottles or something ridiculous like that.

So I suppose any liquid is fine as long as it isn't too big and you don't have too many containers.
InTokyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 10, 8:52 pm   #5

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I think they're all supposed to be in a baggie.. but those are the things I carry in my purse and maybe because they're small enough nobody cares. Someday somebody could hassle me but I fly a couple times a week and nobody has had a problem with my mascara or lipgloss. I'd play dumb, apologize, and and put them in my baggie if they did.

Note - I do have a baggie with all my other liquids that are larger in size and more 'liquidy'.. shampoo, conditioner, lotions, etc. That is still a rule. I don't want to mislead anybody!
VelvetKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote