Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Cream-to Powder Compacts getting through?

Cream-to Powder Compacts getting through?

Old Jul 6, 2010, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Location: In the process of moving from Dubai back to Tokyo because I didn't like it there. Working in Melaka, Malaysia now.
Programs: No longer loyal to any airline.
Question Cream-to Powder Compacts getting through?

Hi Ladies!

I usually apply a pwder bronzer on my face and have recently purchased a Shisedo cream to powder bronzing compact.

Do you think this is allowable? Certainly would hate to lose it. Thanks!
Old Jul 6, 2010, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by InTokyo
Hi Ladies!

I usually apply a pwder bronzer on my face and have recently purchased a Shisedo cream to powder bronzing compact.

Do you think this is allowable? Certainly would hate to lose it. Thanks!
You should be okay since it's in a compact, but if you're concerned read and make sure it's fewer than 3 ounces. Then just put it in the quart size plastic bag and it will go through just fine.

Hope this helps
Old Jul 6, 2010, 10:47 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I bring mascara, lip gloss, small cosmetics through in my purse, not in a ziploc bag, all the time. They never pay these things any attention. I always have room in my baggie and could put them in there if they caused a stink, but they never do.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 11:09 pm
Original Poster

Location: In the process of moving from Dubai back to Tokyo because I didn't like it there. Working in Melaka, Malaysia now.
Programs: No longer loyal to any airline.
Thanks!
I couldn't remember what the rules were in the USA. I thought all liquids had to be in small clear plastic bottles or something ridiculous like that.

So I suppose any liquid is fine as long as it isn't too big and you don't have too many containers.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 7:52 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I think they're all supposed to be in a baggie.. but those are the things I carry in my purse and maybe because they're small enough nobody cares. Someday somebody could hassle me but I fly a couple times a week and nobody has had a problem with my mascara or lipgloss. I'd play dumb, apologize, and and put them in my baggie if they did.

Note - I do have a baggie with all my other liquids that are larger in size and more 'liquidy'.. shampoo, conditioner, lotions, etc. That is still a rule. I don't want to mislead anybody!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.