Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Is WestJet's price drop guarantee for real?? [ended for bookings >5 Jan. 16]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is WestJet's price drop guarantee for real?? [ended for bookings >5 Jan. 16]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2016, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by redsunsdriver
They probably realized 2016 will be a bad year in terms of passenger numbers and fares will have to decrease throughout the year to maintain yields.
A feature in yesterday's Financial Post tends to support this view...WS is battening down the hatches for 2016 since 30% of its activity is based in Alberta.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 2:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Well I got about $1000 in WS Dollars for this, so better than nothing. If I had to guess, this has been an administrative nightmare. As a general rule, people are stupid, and I imagine all sorts of dumb PDG's were coming in that were using enormous resources to respond to.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 10:51 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Well I got about $1000 in WS Dollars for this, so better than nothing. If I had to guess, this has been an administrative nightmare. As a general rule, people are stupid, and I imagine all sorts of dumb PDG's were coming in that were using enormous resources to respond to.
Couldn't they have implemented something like AS has? I used Alaska's lowest price guarantee about a month ago, and it was all done online through their website. I just went to my original booking, clicked on a link and the site automatically compared my original itinerary price with the lowest current price, and then the site automatically placed the difference as a credit in my AS account. No AS employee input or oversight required at all. ^

I guess with the economy heading down the drain there are likely other incentives for WS to remove this program.. aside from the likely headaches employees were enduring.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 7:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Shareholder
A feature in yesterday's Financial Post tends to support this view...WS is battening down the hatches for 2016 since 30% of its activity is based in Alberta.
25% of its capacity originates in Alberta, you must mean:

http://business.financialpost.com/in...o-weak-alberta

25 per cent of our capacity originates in Alberta.”

It is however disappointing to see this program ended as it was a useful sales tool.

Last edited by tcook052; Jan 6, 2016 at 7:51 am
Old Jan 6, 2016, 12:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by WesternCDN
Couldn't they have implemented something like AS has? I used Alaska's lowest price guarantee about a month ago, and it was all done online through their website. I just went to my original booking, clicked on a link and the site automatically compared my original itinerary price with the lowest current price, and then the site automatically placed the difference as a credit in my AS account. No AS employee input or oversight required at all. ^

I guess with the economy heading down the drain there are likely other incentives for WS to remove this program.. aside from the likely headaches employees were enduring.
That's a good point, although Westjet's IT historical performance has been nothing short of dismal. Look at their Sabre launch, App Launch (about 5 years later then every airline), poor frequent flyer portal, etc etc etc etc.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 3:57 pm

Programs: WS Gold, SPG Plat, Nexus, HDC Gold, CCarlson Gold, HHonors Diamond,
How would someone even go about checking to see if there was a price drop without investing a significant amount of time searching that flight up repeatedly? Is the ROI really there?

How would you be able to check after the fact, noting that the cessation of the plan still notes eligibility for flights completed before the cut off.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by Canuckmma
How would someone even go about checking to see if there was a price drop without investing a significant amount of time searching that flight up repeatedly? Is the ROI really there?

How would you be able to check after the fact, noting that the cessation of the plan still notes eligibility for flights completed before the cut off.
To easily check the prices, I would set up a kayak alert for the dates of a trip I'd booked. Then, if the Kayak summary indicated the price had dropped significantly I'd go in and check the actual itinerary.

You can't check after the fact. Claims must be submitted within 24 hours of finding a lower price. Kinda hard to find a price online for a flight that's already been completed.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 9:16 pm

Does anyone have an idea what the turn around time for getting a response to a claim for a price drop? I submitted mine two weeks ago. Received a confirmation WS received my claim almost immediately but nothing since. TIA.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by marcusaurelius
Does anyone have an idea what the turn around time for getting a response to a claim for a price drop? I submitted mine two weeks ago. Received a confirmation WS received my claim almost immediately but nothing since. TIA.
I reviewed my emails and the last time that I submitted one in the fall it took 9.5 business days. Just inside their 10 business day service level quote.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 7:27 am

Angry Still waiting

Still waiting on a yes or no price guarantee submitted dec 29 2015.very slow response time.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 12:11 pm
Company Representative: WestJet

Programs: WestJet Rewards
Hey Tiki91,

Please send me a PM with your reservation code, WestJet Rewards ID number and your email address and I'll see what I can find out for you.

Thanks,
Darren

Originally Posted by Tiki91
Still waiting on a yes or no price guarantee submitted dec 29 2015.very slow response time.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 1:37 pm

I am also still waiting on a claim submitted January 5, which is 13 business days now.

Despite its shortcomings, I think it's a shame that the PDG has ended. I would have booked several more flights for this year and next with WestJet if it had continued. Now I will be much more likely to look at booking with another carrier. Alaska Airlines for example has a really great low price guarantee, which is completely automated and does not require screen shots, minimum $25 price drop, waiting days to weeks, etc.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 7:13 am

Programs: UA PREMIER GOLD, AC*E25K, Best Western Diamond, Marriott Gold, NEXUS/GE
Similar experience. I submitted a PDG claim on 9Jan, got the robo-reply "Hi there, Thanks for submitting a Price Drop Guarantee claim. A WestJet agent will review your information and respond as soon as possible," the same day, and now 15 business days have passed, and still no response from a WestJet agent....
Old Jan 30, 2016, 6:13 pm

Ditto here ...

submitted my price drop request on Jan 5 and nearing 4 weeks ...
Old Feb 2, 2016, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by AEmgee
I am also still waiting on a claim submitted January 5, which is 13 business days now.
I received a response today! 20 business days from submission. Looks like they are just behind.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.