Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Is WestJet's price drop guarantee for real?? [ended for bookings >5 Jan. 16]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is WestJet's price drop guarantee for real?? [ended for bookings >5 Jan. 16]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2015, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by Ace Cdn
In theory you would have 18 months to use them. ( 6months to book and up to a year after that to travel) But they would score points if customers if they changed it to a year to use them.
A one-year eligibility period would be nice, also considering you don't receive the credit until about a month AFTER the trip for which you overpaid.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 12:22 pm

Re: Previous comments

Credit to family members: You can use any family members credits for others in the family (I don't know about friends)

For Companion Pass; Westjet wants to see the fare for 2 passengers since it may be last seat available.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 12:23 pm

KUDOs to Rachel | Experience Support

I submitted a Price Drop for the wrong flight - but - Rachel replied:

I will however make an exception and approve your claim. For future claims please be sure to send a screenshot for the exact same flights that you originally booked to avoid any potential denials.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 8:26 am

Programs: Altitude E50K, WS Gold (status match)
Originally Posted by WestJet
Quote:
You'll receive your WestJet dollars after you've flown.
I've returned from LAS on Oct 19 and still no WS $ in my account from my approved price drop guarantee. Any idea how long it will take, Darren? Many thanks!
Old Nov 2, 2015, 10:17 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by capebretonboy
I've returned from LAS on Oct 19 and still no WS $ in my account from my approved price drop guarantee. Any idea how long it will take, Darren? Many thanks!
30 days is what is stated on their website.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 3:26 pm

I booked for 8 people and my claim was rejected because my screenshot was for one passenger. Things didn't match so a big FAT NO. You can't even do a screenshot for 8 people since you have to call in purchases for 7 or more. I called Westjet before I submitted and asked how to proceed and they said do a screenshot for just 1 person.
The other huge issue I have with this is that they are not guaranteeing what you have bought but what you can buy when the price drops. Example: You booked for 4 passengers and then notice a price drop later but it says only 3 seats are available at this price. Too bad for you. No guarantee for you as there are only 3 seats left and you need to claim for 4. I argued (politely) with the westjet rep and she just didn't understand. If we all booked separately we could all claim separately and there would be no issue. Westjet's price drop guarantee is full of RED TAPE and do not buy on based on their games. And here I thought they were the good guys.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 8:05 am

Programs: Bonvoy-lifeime Titanium,Amex Plat
hope it works this time

Originally Posted by Retired FF
We will be taking our first WestJet flight ever later this month and decided to sign up for their rewards program. Noticed the 'lower price guarantee' and decided to take a look and to my surprise, the price had dropped by more than $100.00 per person for the exact same flights/dates, so a potential savings of over $200.00. My excitement was soon diminished when I noticed that the guarantee ONLY applies for tickets booked from Sept 15th onward and mine was booked earlier.
I guess I am SOL!!
I hope it works for me this time I booked an econo yow-las through a travel agent leaving this Sunday. Just noticed that the price now is about $200.00 less than what I booked just a month ago. Keeping my fingers crossed...
Old Dec 18, 2015, 11:17 am

Programs: MR Plat
Originally Posted by Retired FF
I hope it works for me this time I booked an econo yow-las through a travel agent leaving this Sunday. Just noticed that the price now is about $200.00 less than what I booked just a month ago. Keeping my fingers crossed...
Oh wow! Your post prompted me to look up my flights and mine was cheaper too by over $100.

Sending in PDG now, thanks so much!

EDIT: Upon further review, it looks like they opened up tickets in the Econo bucket but the ones I bought were in Flex so maybe no go...
Old Dec 18, 2015, 12:09 pm

Info - I just had WJ $$ deposited today from a PDG submitted for a trip that was completed Dec 1. My first experience with PDG, I think it's pretty good.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 8:41 am

I submitted a PDG a couple weeks ago.
Got the following response back.....

We're sorry to inform you that the Price Drop Guarantee claim for booking XXXXXX on Dec XX, does not qualify due to the following reason(s):

The lower fare claimed was not for the exact same flight date and/or time as your original booking. However I was still able to see the same flight you have and able to make a one time exception to honour the price drop. Going forward please make sure you select the correct flights you have booked.

$xx WestJet dollars will be deposited into each of your accounts within 30 days of completing your entire trip. Once deposited, you will have six months to redeem any WestJet dollars issued for the Price Drop Guarantee before they expire.

I have no idea what they are talking about. I reviewed the screen shot and it's for the exact date/time of travel.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 11:51 pm

No more Price Drop Guarantee

"As of January 5th, 2016, the WestJet Price Drop Guarantee is no longer available. For all guests who booked with us prior to January 5th, 2016, our Price Drop Guarantee is still valid."
http://www.westjet.com/guest/en/pric...uarantee.shtml
Old Jan 5, 2016, 8:22 am

Unlike - as tricky as it was to claim this, it did end up saving me over $1,000 in the past few years.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 8:57 am

They probably realized 2016 will be a bad year in terms of passenger numbers and fares will have to decrease throughout the year to maintain yields.

Last edited by redsunsdriver; Jan 5, 2016 at 2:57 pm
Old Jan 5, 2016, 9:09 am

oh no! We killed the PDG
Old Jan 5, 2016, 10:16 am

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
What the???

As of January 5th, 2016, the WestJet Price Drop Guarantee is no longer available. For all guests who booked with us prior to January 5th, 2016, our Price Drop Guarantee is still valid.
https://www.westjet.com/guest/en/pri...uarantee.shtml

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.