Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > West
Reload this Page >

No Return to Sterile at DEN Terminal Station?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2017, 2:54 pm
O62
Original Poster

Hi all,

I was flying LAX-DEN-ATL yesterday and was comparing the two similar train systems between concourses. One big difference was at the domestic baggage/ground transportation station in ATL, there are big red signs notifying you about "no reentry" before you leave the sterile area up the escalators.

Unless I couldn't find it, I didn't see any such warnings at DEN and so it seems that if you fail to exit the train at A you are no longer able to return to the terminals without re-entering security. Is that so? It wasn't a big deal as I was exploring anyways and have lots of time, just curious. Can you simply stay on the train and wait for it to reposition or will you be arrested on suspicion of domestic terrorism?
Old Jun 27, 2017, 5:16 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
It's been about a year since I've been to DEN and ATL, but DEN doesn't have any gates at its checkin/security building (unlike ATL's T gates) - thus in theory everyone who did not exit the train at A isn't going to be going to a gate.

However, I don't think you're necessarily forced out of the train when you arrive in the main terminal. I believe DEN (and most airport people movers) employ Spanish solution platforms at the end point - that is one side of doors will open first to an "exit" platform that lets people out to baggage claim, while the other side of doors will open a few seconds later to a "boarding" platform that lets people in going to gates. Then the train reverses (switching over to the right side if necessary), going back to A/B/C - thus there's no "repositioning" to worry about. Presumably all you would have to do is not exit the train and let everyone else board, and go with them back to A/B/C.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by ryw
It's been about a year since I've been to DEN and ATL, but DEN doesn't have any gates at its checkin/security building (unlike ATL's T gates) - thus in theory everyone who did not exit the train at A isn't going to be going to a gate.

However, I don't think you're necessarily forced out of the train when you arrive in the main terminal. I believe DEN (and most airport people movers) employ Spanish solution platforms at the end point - that is one side of doors will open first to an "exit" platform that lets people out to baggage claim, while the other side of doors will open a few seconds later to a "boarding" platform that lets people in going to gates. Then the train reverses (switching over to the right side if necessary), going back to A/B/C - thus there's no "repositioning" to worry about. Presumably all you would have to do is not exit the train and let everyone else board, and go with them back to A/B/C.
Yep, there is an "all passengers, please exit" announcement, but if you stay on the train at the main terminal, it'll reposition, or just stay there and start boarding riders to the A gates.

Unless it's one of the very rare trains that go directly out of service at that point, and you happen to choose that one. (Hint: if the opposite doors don't open within a few seconds after the doors to the exit side open...get. out.)

Last edited by DenverBrian; Jun 27, 2017 at 8:59 pm
Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:35 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by DenverBrian
Unless it's one of the very rare trains that go directly out of service at that point, and you happen to choose that one. (Hint: if the opposite doors don't open within a few seconds after the doors to the exit side open...get. out.)
Do they park inactive trains under the Jeppesen Terminal? I thought that the storage yard is north of C towards the hangars.

Or maybe they park in the secret doomsday bunkers.

Last edited by cblaisd; Jun 28, 2017 at 12:59 pm Reason: Fixed coding
Old Jun 28, 2017, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tanic
Do they park inactive trains under the Jeppesen Terminal? I thought that the storage yard is north of C towards the hangars.

Or maybe they park in the secret doomsday bunkers.
If I answered that, I'd have to shoot you.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 8:55 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, National Emerald Club, no airline affinity status
I haven't looked when I get off the train but I know if you are walking acroos the A concourse bridge, there is a sign that says "no re-entry without a valid boarding pass" or something like that. It is near the security point on the right.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HawaiiTrvlr
I haven't looked when I get off the train but I know if you are walking acroos the A concourse bridge, there is a sign that says "no re-entry without a valid boarding pass" or something like that. It is near the security point on the right.
Both the A concourse bridge and the train escalators/elevators up to the main terminal are staffed by TSA peeps watching out for anyone who goes in the wrong direction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.