Wiki Posts
Search

Getting to a Seattle HERTZ location (Boeing Field) from SEA

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2014, 12:14 am
Original Poster

Getting to a Seattle HERTZ location (Boeing Field) from SEA

Hello everybody, first post here.

I plan on flying into Seattle in late June, rent a van, and drive to and drop off in Northern Minnesota.

I will be flying to SeaTac International, but the best deal I could find to rent a van was a Hertz HLE on Perimeter Dr at Boeing Field/King County International Airport.

Is there a shuttle, or public transit that goes from SeaTac to Boeing Field/King County International airport, where I could make it to that Hertz HLE location?

Thanks.

Last edited by dilemina; May 31, 2014 at 1:09 am
Old May 31, 2014, 1:17 am

You could hop on the Sound Transit light rail train at SeaTac. I'm not sure where the rental car place is at, but I'm fairly sure the route into downtown passes fairly close to Boeing Field. Definitely within walking distance anyway. And the fare is only $2.50 or so.

One of my favorite things about going to Seattle is the cheap, convenient public transit.
Old May 31, 2014, 1:39 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver,United Miles plus Hawaiian Air AirTran SWA
Seattle Airports and HERTZ

Check with Hertz HLE location and ask if they have a pick up service. ( like enterprise, we'll pick you up service)
Old May 31, 2014, 2:19 am

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by DENviaLAX
You could hop on the Sound Transit light rail train at SeaTac. I'm not sure where the rental car place is at, but I'm fairly sure the route into downtown passes fairly close to Boeing Field. Definitely within walking distance anyway. And the fare is only $2.50 or so.

One of my favorite things about going to Seattle is the cheap, convenient public transit.
Seattle Light Rail does not stop anywhere even CLOSE to Boeing Field, especially not walking distance.
Old May 31, 2014, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tony10s
Check with Hertz HLE location and ask if they have a pick up service. ( like enterprise, we'll pick you up service)
They do, but they don't pick up at SeaTac as part of an agreement with the airport.

They want you to rent cars there, and pay the jumped rates and expensive Airport Taxes and Fees.
Old May 31, 2014, 2:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tatterdema
Seattle Light Rail does not stop anywhere even CLOSE to Boeing Field, especially not walking distance.
So do you think Taxi is the way to go?

I am unfamiliar with the Seattle area.

So King County International is usually referred to as "Boeing Field" thanks for that.

Last edited by dilemina; May 31, 2014 at 2:34 am
Old May 31, 2014, 3:41 am

Hiya dilemina,

I'm assuming that this is the Hertz rent-a-car location that you're referring to: 7001 Perimeter Road South Suite 101 Seattle, WA, which is in the King County International Airport [Boeing Field].

Two best choices from Seatac Airport:
1) Taxi to the King County Intl Airport area [approx $26.50, about 20 minute drive].
2) Maybe you can ask for a pick-up at a location that is far enough for you to get there by free-shuttle / bus / rail. But I don't know how far you'll have to be away from seatac airport.
Old May 31, 2014, 7:51 am

Programs: AS MVP, A3 Gold, IHG Spire
You can also try calling Kenmore air and see if they'll sell you a seat on their shuttle vans. They run flights out of Boeing field and run vans back and forth.

Taxi is best bet otherwise, I use to leave a truck at BFI when Seaport flew there and occasionally came in on AS via SEA.
Old May 31, 2014, 8:51 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
As this concerns navigating around the Seattle area, I'll move to the West forum for more discussion. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old May 31, 2014, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sunghwan34
Hiya dilemina,

I'm assuming that this is the Hertz rent-a-car location that you're referring to: 7001 Perimeter Road South Suite 101 Seattle, WA, which is in the King County International Airport [Boeing Field].

Two best choices from Seatac Airport:
1) Taxi to the King County Intl Airport area [approx $26.50, about 20 minute drive].
2) Maybe you can ask for a pick-up at a location that is far enough for you to get there by free-shuttle / bus / rail. But I don't know how far you'll have to be away from seatac airport.
Thanks, that helps out a lot.
Old May 31, 2014, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by tatterdema
The Othello stop is less than a mile from the airport. Maybe you have a different definition of walking distance, but anything less than 2-3 miles definitely qualifies to me. So less than one most certainly does. Maybe the roads down there do not permit walking, that I don't know. But purely from a distance standpoint, it does not seem far at all.

Now if I happen to be traveling with a ton of luggage, I'd maybe opt for a more expensive option that gets me closer. But just generally speaking, I always much prefer this method over paying for a cab, no question. But maybe that's just me.
Old May 31, 2014, 3:54 pm

Programs: HH Silver
The Othello stop is less than a mile from the airport. Maybe you have a different definition of walking distance, but anything less than 2-3 miles definitely qualifies to me. So less than one most certainly does. Maybe the roads down there do not permit walking, that I don't know. But purely from a distance standpoint, it does not seem far at all.

Now if I happen to be traveling with a ton of luggage, I'd maybe opt for a more expensive option that gets me closer. But just generally speaking, I always much prefer this method over paying for a cab, no question. But maybe that's just me.
It is a 3 mile walk, over the top of Interstate 5, and in a neighborhood that I would not be walking around alone. That 1 mile, is as the crow flies, up over a very large hill, and again, over the top of Interstate 5.

Agreed, walking distance is relative to the person, but to an average person, I don't feel it is even thinkable to walk from Light Rail to Boeing Field, especially if you do not know the area well.

Last edited by tatterdema; May 31, 2014 at 4:22 pm
Old May 31, 2014, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
in daylight and with no luggage (save perhaps a backpack) it wouldn't be too difficult or dangerous of a walk from the Othello station to Perimeter Rd at BFI, but I still wouldn't recommend it

that said, perhaps Hertz HLE would pick OP up at the Othello station
Old Jun 4, 2014, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
UberX/Lyft/Sidecar would work well in this case. PM me if anyone wants discount codes.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Maybe you have a different definition of walking distance, but anything less than 2-3 miles definitely qualifies to me.
Suggesting a walk of up to three miles, with luggage, through a sketchy area, possibly in the rain, is perfectly ridiculous.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.