FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Getting to a Seattle HERTZ location (Boeing Field) from SEA
Old May 31, 2014, 3:54 pm
tatterdema

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by DENviaLAX
The Othello stop is less than a mile from the airport. Maybe you have a different definition of walking distance, but anything less than 2-3 miles definitely qualifies to me. So less than one most certainly does. Maybe the roads down there do not permit walking, that I don't know. But purely from a distance standpoint, it does not seem far at all.

Now if I happen to be traveling with a ton of luggage, I'd maybe opt for a more expensive option that gets me closer. But just generally speaking, I always much prefer this method over paying for a cab, no question. But maybe that's just me.
It is a 3 mile walk, over the top of Interstate 5, and in a neighborhood that I would not be walking around alone. That 1 mile, is as the crow flies, up over a very large hill, and again, over the top of Interstate 5.

Agreed, walking distance is relative to the person, but to an average person, I don't feel it is even thinkable to walk from Light Rail to Boeing Field, especially if you do not know the area well.

Last edited by tatterdema; May 31, 2014 at 4:22 pm