Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The "PHX SkyTrain" thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2015, 10:57 am

Programs: AA 2MM - UA 1P / Hyatt Diamond - SPG Plat / Hertz 5* - Avis 1st
Originally Posted by Tanic
Then there is this historic tile mural of the phoenix that will soon meet a wrecking ball. Just a short walk to T2 from SkyTrain T3 station.
Are there no plans to preserve those murals? They certainly seem like the sort of thing that the city would want to maintain.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 12:47 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by Wilbur
Are there no plans to preserve those murals? They certainly seem like the sort of thing that the city would want to maintain.
There is this article from 24 years ago discussing its preservation but don't know of any real preservation plans. It would look great in the otherwise drab T4.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 8:56 am

Programs: AA 2MM - UA 1P / Hyatt Diamond - SPG Plat / Hertz 5* - Avis 1st
Originally Posted by Tanic
There is this article from 24 years ago discussing its preservation but don't know of any real preservation plans. It would look great in the otherwise drab T4.
I salute you, sir or madam, and your hard-core historical google-fu for coming up with an article of such vintage.

Also, I snickered at the news that the phase out of T2 was imminent in 1992.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.