Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Perth International Lounge Access?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2017, 11:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Diamond/Ambassador, QF LTG, VA G, Marriot LTG, Radisson VIP, Hertz Presidents Club
Perth International Lounge Access?

Hi,

When connecting from a domestic Virgin Australia flight to a partner airline South African Airlines flight in Perth, is lounge access available at the International Terminal for a Velocity Platinum flying Economy to South Africa?

I have read that lounge access is only available where South African own the lounge and you're travelling on a flight operated by South African themselves.

Thanks !
Old Sep 14, 2017, 8:47 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
"Eligible Gold and Platinum Velocity Frequent Flyers can access South African Airways operated lounges when travelling on South African Airways operated flights. Business Class customers may also access the international lounge in Perth. (Note: Velocity Gold and Platinum Frequent Flyers travelling in Economy class will not have access to the international lounge in Perth, as it is operated by a 3rd party."

http://https://www.virginaustralia.c...#lounge-access

Maybe when the Air NZ lounge opens in Perth things will change. Ear marked for late this year but I don't know if this is going to schedule. Generally I expect these things to take longer than stated.

The food in terminal airside is good! The cafe style behind the bar is the place, don't recall the name.

Suppose you could try your luck with VA domestic but you'd have to leave to clear security etc early. I have no experience with this though.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 5:03 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by NZbutterfly
Maybe when the Air NZ lounge opens in Perth things will change. Ear marked for late this year but I don't know if this is going to schedule. Generally I expect these things to take longer than stated.
Wouldn't hold too much breath for that changing, NZ has pretty much ended VA's access to there lounges apart from passengers that are traveling on Tasman services.

In all other Aussie ports we're NZ has lounges, VA passengers now have to understand the matrix of what flights get access to what lounges.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 2:55 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Wouldn't hold too much breath for that changing, NZ has pretty much ended VA's access to there lounges apart from passengers that are traveling on Tasman services.

In all other Aussie ports we're NZ has lounges, VA passengers now have to understand the matrix of what flights get access to what lounges.
Forgot about that.

Just asked on twitter although I find them slow to respond.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 6:13 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
The VA/NZ relationship seems to be on the rocks, but they do still share some lounges. I'd say NZ would let VA use the PER lounge for the right price. They don't really compete against each other on any international routes out of PER, so it's different than LAX, SYD, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.