Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

Multi Sector International Booking using VA Codeshare Partners

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2016, 6:31 am
Original Poster

I'm a Velocity Platinum FF and looking at planning a trip next year using points plus pay on a multi sector / round the world type ticket.

Is it possible to book a multi sector trip Brisbane - Abu Dhabi - New York - Salt Lake City - Los Angeles - Brisbane?

Was hoping to use points to fly business on Etihad to JFK (since reward seat availability seems easier to find going this way compared to on VA flights via LAX). I'd then pay for the internal flights on Delta and for the flight LAX back to BNE on VA.

VA website doesn't seem to allow a routing like this. Any ideas on if this can be done and best way to go about booking it?

Thanks
Old Mar 21, 2016, 6:20 pm

My first thought would be to tee up each sector separately using whatever methods (round trip/one way booking) the website will allow, checking that the fare rules will allow you to put each sector end to end.

Then contact the call centre I suppose
Old Mar 21, 2016, 8:29 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
It reads to me like the OP wants to book a single PNR using points for one direction and payments for the other, and I'm not sure that's possible online. At best it would be one PNR for Brisbane-New York via Abu Dhabi (using points) via the VA site, and a second PNR for New York - Salt Lake City - Los Angeles - Brisbane which anyone can do via the Delta site (came to ~ $2,000 USD for dates in July) but not via the Virgin sitte
Old Mar 24, 2016, 4:10 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. I'd prefer to make the booking on a single PNR if possible.

Also it doesn't seem possible to book Brisbane - Abu Dhabi - New York on the VA website. Searching Brisbane - New York only brings up options on VA or Delta via LAX (with no business reward points availability).

Doing a multi sector booking there is reward availability Brisbane - Abu Dhabi on Etihad, but the site doesn't let me input a second sector departing from Abu Dhabi. It seems the only way to search for this second flight is directly via the Etihad website. Do you think this is a glitch with the VA site that doesn't allow this?

Might have to phone the call centre....
Old Mar 24, 2016, 5:25 am

Looks like you'll have to call. I've booked and flown BNE-AUH-IAD in F so it should be possible to JFK. As it was F I had to call and book anyway.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 2:24 pm

Does VA allow mixing partner awards within and between the two charts?
Old Mar 27, 2016, 7:20 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by Skar4000
Does VA allow mixing partner awards within and between the two charts?
The only way to be sure to know is to call their redemption centre (yes, it's NOT in Australia) and ask them

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.