Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

Virgin Australia's new A330, B777 business class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin Australia's new A330, B777 business class

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2015, 4:31 pm

Programs: Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FitTraveler
How is the old J class holding up? Would you chose DL over VA until the mods are complete? Why?
Ive not flown DL but I was underwhelmed by VA J last month. I had the window seat and hated having to climb over my seat buddy/hubby while he was sleeping and I thought the hardware was a bit awkward, the centre hiding holes for your phone ect are ugly and the centre console section that lifts up while sleeping makes charging awkward.

VA staff and food were great so that's a win. The bar to LAX was annoying as some people settled in for a long night of loud self-boasting & drinking (we were row 5) but on the way to Sydney, people just settled down to sleep.

All first world problems but I cant wait for the new product to be fitted.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 6:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF Gold, VA Gold, IC Diamond Amb., HH Diamond
Looks like the 777s are being refurbished over summer, pax are being moved to EY services a few months at a time:

http://milesdownunder.com/2015/06/vi...its-777-fleet/
Old Jun 21, 2015, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by jozdemir
Looks like the 777s are being refurbished over summer, pax are being moved to EY services a few months at a time:

http://milesdownunder.com/2015/06/vi...its-777-fleet/
Hmm this is really interesting.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 4:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF Gold, VA Gold, IC Diamond Amb., HH Diamond
Looks like a rough schedule has been released for the A332 fleet too!

http://milesdownunder.com/2015/06/vi...om-mid-august/
Old Aug 4, 2015, 11:46 am

Even if you look at the 777 flights for booking in June 2016, they are showing the old business class layout...

Also, if you are assigned a seat on the current layout and they then move to the new business class, how does that work? Today it is 2-3-2 on the 777 and future is 1-2-1. They are making MORE business class seats, but if you are in a seat that no longer exists due to it being 1-2-1 instead, how will you be reassigned?
Old Aug 5, 2015, 7:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by xSTRIKEx6864
Even if you look at the 777 flights for booking in June 2016, they are showing the old business class layout...

Also, if you are assigned a seat on the current layout and they then move to the new business class, how does that work? Today it is 2-3-2 on the 777 and future is 1-2-1. They are making MORE business class seats, but if you are in a seat that no longer exists due to it being 1-2-1 instead, how will you be reassigned?
I called VA last month to ask about the seat changes. The agent I spoke with had no idea. I would suspect we just get assigned new seats. But I'm hoping that since I'm traveling with my wife and we are in seats 1AB, that they just move us to the middle two seats in row 1.
Our flight is not until mid Feb. but I'm seeing the majority of responses are suggesting that the remodel won't be done before our departure.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 9:22 am

Programs: Virgin Velocity
Aug 17th is when the new J Class starts SYD to PER

http://www.ausbt.com.au/virgin-austr...unch-august-17
Old Aug 9, 2015, 12:38 pm
Formerly known as jlars77

Same pitch and manufacturer as the new Qatar biz seats, should be great! ^
Old Aug 9, 2015, 5:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA PLT, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MattJ
Aug 17th is when the new J Class starts SYD to PER

http://www.ausbt.com.au/virgin-austr...unch-august-17
Any chance LAX-BNE on the 77W will be ready by mid-November?
Old Aug 10, 2015, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by clr4t8koff
Any chance LAX-BNE on the 77W will be ready by mid-November?
It would be nice if they would announce the schedule for the 777s, as this would help people looking at booking in Q4 2015 - Q2 2016.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
The article indicates LAX flights by end of December and AUH flights by April.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 5:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA PLT, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by serfty
The article indicates LAX flights by end of December and AUH flights by April.
Technically it states October to December for LAX:

"Virgin Australia's fleet of five Boeing 777s will be refurbished in two waves: from October to December 2015, which is expected to primarily feed the Sydney-LAX and Brisbane-LAX services; and then February-April 2016 to bed down all three of Virgin Australia's international routes including Sydney-Abu Dhabi flights."

So it is plausible that they could show up mid-November on LAX-SYD/BNE.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 7:44 pm

"Virgin Australia's fleet of five Boeing 777s will be refurbished in two waves: from October to December 2015, which is expected to primarily feed the Sydney-LAX and Brisbane-LAX services; and then February-April 2016 to bed down all three of Virgin Australia's international routes including Sydney-Abu Dhabi flights."

Definitely good if they can get these in place before the AA service LAX-SYD starts for competetive reason.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver

Sure, but I left it to the last month - presumably that's guaranteed if the schedule alluded in the article hold.

I also note the article indicates "November" for the commencement LAX services.

Last edited by serfty; Aug 10, 2015 at 9:45 pm
Old Aug 11, 2015, 2:29 am

Programs: Virgin Velocity
"Virgin Australia will launch its own all-new Airbus A330 business class seats (below) on August 17 with an inaugural flight from Sydney to Perth, and intends to have all six of its A330 fleet upgraded by the end of October."

Half way down the article..

http://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-to-op...n=home-flipper

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.