Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

Virgin Australia's new A330, B777 business class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin Australia's new A330, B777 business class

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2014, 11:28 pm

Programs: Platinum, HH Diamond
*opps..*

Last edited by Osmo; Sep 24, 2014 at 11:34 pm
Old Sep 25, 2014, 9:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jjmoore
This is probably more comparable to United GF.
I'd take it over UA GF any day of the week.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 6:40 pm

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
The seat looks great, and appears to be a major step up from both the angled-flat coast-to-coast domestic product and the current longhaul biz product (neither of which I have yet had the pleasure of experiencing, unfortunately). It appears to be a customised version of the same seat as AC's 787 Executive pod. Has anyone tried that?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 4:38 pm

I'm flying late November from LAX-BNE, hopefully my plane will be upgraded to these news seats. (777 reconfig begins in Nov.) but I'm not holding my breath.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 5:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, SPG Platinum
Looks very nice. I'm flying round trip LAX - SYD next February. They should all be retrofitted by then. I'm very much looking forward to these flights. American also has some nice seats on their LAX- LHR. I can't wait to compare these.

Last edited by Wisdom; Mar 19, 2015 at 5:19 pm Reason: grammer
Old Mar 20, 2015, 6:23 am

Programs: QF QR Silver, DJ,TG,MH
Boo, what a shame. I have always travelled with a friend. All the people who sit up the pointy end of a aeroplane are not glum, head down, tired business people you know.
Some of us like to chat, share a drink and discuss whatever.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 7:23 am

Programs: VA Silver, QF FF, Priority Club
Originally Posted by Wisdom
Looks very nice. I'm flying round trip LAX - SYD next February. They should all be retrofitted by then. I'm very much looking forward to these flights. American also has some nice seats on their LAX- LHR. I can't wait to compare these.
I wouldn't be betting that they'll all be retrofitted by then. The refit doesn't start until November.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 10:29 am

@JClasstraveller, there is only 5 of them.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 6:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by whoknew89
@JClasstraveller, there is only 5 of them.
That's what I was thinking. Hopefully 5 won't take all that long. And what are the odds that I would get the 1 or 2 not retrofitted.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 3:15 pm

Programs: VA Silver, QF FF, Priority Club
Originally Posted by Wisdom
That's what I was thinking. Hopefully 5 won't take all that long. And what are the odds that I would get the 1 or 2 not retrofitted.
If the timeframe of the cabin update just passed (2012/2013) is any indication, then it could take 9 months to do them.

They have 5 aircraft to cover BNE-LAX daily, SYD-LAX daily and 3 weekly SYD-AUH.

That schedule requires 5 aircraft with no spare. When they last did the update they shuffled pax onto Etihad flights.

With the busy December/January period in Australia it wouldn't surprise me to see them not put one into the shop until February after the first is done in November. Otherwise they will be critically short of capacity if one goes tech.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by JClasstraveller
If the timeframe of the cabin update just passed (2012/2013) is any indication, then it could take 9 months to do them.

They have 5 aircraft to cover BNE-LAX daily, SYD-LAX daily and 3 weekly SYD-AUH.

That schedule requires 5 aircraft with no spare. When they last did the update they shuffled pax onto Etihad flights.

With the busy December/January period in Australia it wouldn't surprise me to see them not put one into the shop until February after the first is done in November. Otherwise they will be critically short of capacity if one goes tech.
Well they seem to have some plan in place. You don't just announce that you'll begin in November if you don't have any change of ever actually starting then.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 6:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Fly paid F and J. AA EXP. DL PM.
How is the old J class holding up? Would you chose DL over VA until the mods are complete? Why?
Old Apr 7, 2015, 4:39 pm

Programs: Free Agent
I am yet to make the trip, but booked VA in September over DL on LAX-BNE. My logic was that the seats were better on DL, but the rest of the experience would be better on VA. The Star Alliance lounge in LAX is far superior to the T-5 Delta lounge, food and beverage onboard is apparently better on VA, and I'm willing to bet the service will be as well.

In summary, I put less stock on the seat itself than most people would have and more on the soft product.
Old May 10, 2015, 12:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA PLT, Hertz PC
Any updates on timelines for the 777? I know the first one is due in November. Do they only plan to have 1 done in November? Will be flying LAX-BNE mid-November and would love to be on one.
Old May 10, 2015, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by clr4t8koff
Any updates on timelines for the 777? I know the first one is due in November. Do they only plan to have 1 done in November? Will be flying LAX-BNE mid-November and would love to be on one.
I really doubt it. The A330 retro was delayed and no planes currently have the new seats yet afaik.

So I really doubt the 777's will even start this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.