Wiki Posts
Search

Should I "go" for Plat vs Gold?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2015, 6:13 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Upgrades ..does it happen?

Originally Posted by ja1
Did the drought ease ? I've only ever had one comp gate upgrade for no reason I could fathom at all - and as a VA Gold (when I knew for a fact they had Plats sitting in Row 3 behind me who were all much better dressed..).

Sadly it was a CBR-MEL flight so I barely got to eat the breakfast sandwich before the plane was on descent..

VA often seem happy to fly with business empty rather than comp upgrade - can't fault them for protecting the value of the product but a bit sad about it i guess..

As someone who has actually had upgrades, does this ever happen on International flights ? e.g from Saver/Flexi to PE or even to J ?
I had a virgin TT Bne to Wellington upgraded (2 of us as they said to both of us we may not get the business meal ....forgot to ask his status )
It was done at the gate
Nice surprise ...I was Velocity silver then Airnz Elite
It was a virgin flight , purchased as a virgin ticket and credited to virgin.
(Part of my eligible sectors)
Old Jul 7, 2015, 6:27 am

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Comp upgrade at gate

I've had one and whether it had anything to do with my status is questionable. They wanted to seat a family together, and my assigned seat (in Row 3) got in the way. It was made very clear that I wasn't getting J Class service

I have however noticed someone "gaming" the upgrades by booking her pre-teenage son on a busy BNE-SYD flight in Economy, while she sat in Business. Before take-off she asked if he could be moved to sit with her, and of course since the airlines operate an unofficial "All Men Are Perverts" policy he was swiftly moved away from the two respectable businessmen between whom he was seated, to sit with mummy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.