Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does Virgin America have an iphone app ?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2016, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, VX Gold, VS Gold, HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold
Just tried my first check in on the App, but it failed at the last step with an error message.
Reverted back to the browser and all fine - Just not seeing the advantage of the app even if it worked, my chrome browser saves my login details, and app had wait times between steps where it's obviously connecting to the server...
Old Sep 11, 2016, 6:04 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, SK Diamond, ITA Volare Club Executive, TK Elite
Originally Posted by SFGuy37
Downloaded the beta.
Originally Posted by patrick.barnes
I have access to the beta app.
How does one get access to the beta app?

Originally Posted by shza
If you wanted to print the pass at the airport, there would not be any fee (does any airline do that?).
NK charges you for this kind of service. @:-)
Old Sep 11, 2016, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA Gold,DL Gold
Originally Posted by Marschel

Ironically tickets for NK are cheaper if purchased at the airport as the fee for online purchase is not charged.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 12:38 am

Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA
Originally Posted by Marschel

They sent an email to Elevate members to join the TestFlight beta. I signed up. Not sure if they're still taking new beta testers.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 1:10 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K / AA EXP / VX Gold / WOH Globalist / SPG Gold / HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by flyingcat
Ironically tickets for NK are cheaper if purchased at the airport as the fee for online purchase is not charged.
VX charges a fee to book a flight online? I didn't see that on their fee page.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 1:32 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by StirredNotShaken
VX charges a fee to book a flight online? I didn't see that on their fee page.
They were talking about Spirit which is not relevant to this thread.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 3:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, SK Diamond, ITA Volare Club Executive, TK Elite
Originally Posted by patrick.barnes
Not sure if they're still taking new beta testers.
Well, I just got an email which says that their new app has landed. ^
Old Sep 22, 2016, 4:20 pm

Slightly shocked to see this happen with the merger happening. Nevertheless, glad to see things at VX still progressing!

Hi there,

Our new mobile app has landed.* It makes managing your mood-lit ride seamless and easy. Instantly book a flight, check-in, access your mobile boarding pass, receive flight alerts, and more—on the go. Also, tune-in and take-off to Spotify playlists for every destination. Put your finger on autopilot and download a little awesomeness.

Cheers,
Virgin America
Old Sep 22, 2016, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, SPG/Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Has any beta testers been able to update through the app store? I can see the app in the store but it doesnt recognize that I have it already installed.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 7:31 pm

Just checked in for my flight tomorrow. Upgrade went through. Was not able to assign seat for MCS but went to manage booking and was able to select the seat first and then checked in without a problem. New boarding passes look nice. Worked well for everything I needed to do.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by edcho
Slightly shocked to see this happen with the merger happening. Nevertheless, glad to see things at VX still progressing!
This was in development for months and many of the employees that developed it have probably already moved on to other jobs. Remember that this is an acquisition and not a merger. VX is a completely separate airline until the sale goes through. The sale could also fall through for whatever reason--however unlikely--and until the purchase is approved the two airlines can not collude. There is nothing surprising at all surprising about VX continuing to operate as they have been. Once AS completes the purchase, VX has no control over anything and they could just as easily start to dismantle everything.

It is like buying a house. The sellers might have repainted and fixed up things to sell it but the new owners may just bulldoze it down and build a new one.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by chenalex
Has any beta testers been able to update through the app store? I can see the app in the store but it doesnt recognize that I have it already installed.
I updated, but I'm on Android, not iOS.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 12:04 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA EXP and former CK, DL Plat, UA Gold MM
Yes! Finally a vx app

Both iOS and Android
https://www.virginamerica.com/mobile/?cid=pro_vxapp_hpm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.