Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elevate Points Issues Saga

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2015, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Elevate Points Issues Saga

I get a feeling this is going to be one of those long-running sagas. For background, I've got three issues:
(1) Points not posting from a loyaltymademedoit.com referral (7500 points).
(2) Tier points from 1/1 and 1/2 flights being errantly swept from the account (2290 tier points).
(3) No points carrying over from last year despite having the Premium Credit Card (i.e. the more expensive one), putting me out somewhere between 5000 and 16000 tier points depending on one's read of the T&C.

I sent them a contact on Monday asking about these, and I sent a follow-up today since I got nothing but a "We will be with you shortly" response to my earlier bit.

I'm planning to follow up again next week, probably midweek. I don't know what the issue is (we're about two weeks in, so I would have expected any Tier Point issues down to a computer glitch to have resolved themselves by now.

Has anyone had any experience dealing with this side of things? It's annoying because the phone staff can't do anything to help as far as I can tell (the agents are mostly powerless), and any claims of "busy travel times" are going to land on deaf ears with me (it's the middle of January, not Christmas or July)...and if there was a widespread computer issue, some vague reply (or announcement) mentioning "The computer screwed up" would go a long way towards satisfying me for a while...even if they can't fix the problem(s), acknowledging them and indicating that they know what the issue is would do a lot.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Just updating this, I'll give Elevate credit for apparently trying to fix things over the weekend. They attempted to remove and re-add the points from the 1/1 and 1/2 points (I show withdrawal and re-credit attempts), though to no avail on the status points front as yet. I'll be sending support a thankful email on this front for the effort but alerting them to the lack of success.

Edit: And I sent it. Wording that was unusually awkward (how do you tell someone the equivalent of "Thanks for trying but you're going to need to try again" without sounding like a jerk?), but I think I managed to pull it off.

Last edited by GrayAnderson; Jan 18, 2015 at 7:03 am
Old Jan 18, 2015, 7:25 pm

You can probably consider it fixed and you might have jumped the gun complaining already. Status points are updated a day later.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 10:54 pm
Original Poster

...and they're posted now. Honestly, I wasn't complaining...I was actually concerned that they had tried to fix it, thought they had, and failed to do so due to some odd technical glitch (considering what was going on previously).
Old Jan 20, 2015, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So, did your status pts roll over?
Old Jan 20, 2015, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

Ok, the 2290 from the flights are there. I'm going to send another contact asking for the ones off of the credit card (or an explicit interpretation to the contrary and a statement that I'm not happy if this is the case and insisting that they at least post some sort of clarification somewhere

Edit: The 7500 still haven't posted, but I'm willing to let that ride for another week or two. This is one of those cases that being able to sit down with someone and walk through things rather than go through an arms-length email system would have great utility.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 10:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Alaska 100k, Hyatt Globalist
How long does it normally take for your 2014 credit card status points to apply? I don't see that they've been deposited yet.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by techtravels89
How long does it normally take for your 2014 credit card status points to apply? I don't see that they've been deposited yet.
They should post the same day as (or perhaps one day after) the reward pts for the statement in which you passed the $10k spend multiple posted.

Eg, if you get the card in October, and spent $5k in October and $6k in November, then you should get 5k status pts when your November statement posts and you get your reward pts for the November statement.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

I got the following email today:
Your account should now reflect the missing tier points for the initial flights in 2015 as well as the promotional points from the Loyalty Made Me Do It promotion.

We do not yet have our end-of-year reports to reference to review your account for potentially missing Visa tier points. Since these additions do not appear as line items when reviewing your activity, we do need to have received these before we're able to assist with this portion of your inquiry. We'll let you know when have these references and have had a chance to make sure your account was correctly awarded.

Thank you for your patience.
So I'm more-or-less happy so far with this (I'm 2 for 3) and I'm willing to give them a few weeks on the Tier Points issue. For the long run I still want a clarification on that point as well, though, since the point policy is a bit on the vague side.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GrayAnderson
I got the following email today:

So I'm more-or-less happy so far with this (I'm 2 for 3) and I'm willing to give them a few weeks on the Tier Points issue. For the long run I still want a clarification on that point as well, though, since the point policy is a bit on the vague side.
After reading that reply, I'm a little unsure about how the pt rollover works.

Has anyone with the CC had any status pts roll over?
Old Jan 21, 2015, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

I'm going to reply with an inquiry on that front, but I'd like some help phrasing it if possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.