Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying First class soon...food movies?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2014, 1:25 pm

Thanks for all of your pics of the FC meals. I know the FT members on here appreciate it! Sorry you had a poor flight attendant on your most recent flight. She didn't plate the meal correctly and obviously just wanted to breeze through it. Thanks for emailing about your experience, so that they can follow up with the teammate. It's always interesting for me to see how my fellow teammates are performing. Hope to see you on flight soon!

Last edited by VXCabinCrew; Jun 1, 2014 at 1:33 pm
Old Jun 1, 2014, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by VXCabinCrew
Thanks for all of your pics of the FC meals. I know the FT members on here appreciate it! Sorry you had a poor flight attendant on your most recent flight. She didn't plate the meal correctly and obviously just wanted to breeze through it. Thanks for emailing about your experience, so that they can follow up with the teammate. It's always interesting for me to see how my fellow teammates are performing. Hope to see you on flight soon!
How are the improved premium transcon route offerings being received?
Old Jun 1, 2014, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
How are the improved premium transcon route offerings being received?

From my experience (flights that I work), the guests really seem to enjoy it. I hear a lot of compliments about the food and I always get positive feedback about the service when guests are deplaning. In terms of the actual new service standards (course-buy-course service), I don't know how guests feel about it. Some people would rather just eat at once and then go back to work on their laptops, but others love the separate courses. It's a lot more work for us, but I think the presentation looks great, so I hope the company is getting positive feedback.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 3:31 pm

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold
I was on a Delta flight over the weekend in FC and the meal had everything on one tray....including the chocolate gelato. It was half melted by the time I got to it. I think the multiple courses is a nice touch. Hopefully I can experience it sometime.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 10:55 am
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
When is the new meal service in F scheduled to be fully implemented? I few this morning PHL-LAX and it was the old breakfast options (oatmeal or All American). I declined both as I was hoping for (expecting? nah, may be too strong a word) the protein plate on offer that others have been talking about and enjoying.

Service on this sector was really not very good, FWIW. Even though I declined service the FA came and asked me to take out my tray. I thought it was just for the glass of water I asked for but turns out she had prepared breakfast for me. When I reminded her I was not eating she sort of glared at me.

Anyway, it was an early morning flight so I suspect jet lag was working its magic.

The other question, although not food related, are the A319s scheduled to leave the fleet? Tubular Belle, the bird on my segment, was looking rather ratty in F. Bulkhead laminates peeling, lots of scratches and scuffs. Still better than the UA bird I flew out on ^
Old Jun 12, 2014, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by dll
When is the new meal service in F scheduled to be fully implemented? I few this morning PHL-LAX and it was the old breakfast options (oatmeal or All American). I declined both as I was hoping for (expecting? nah, may be too strong a word) the protein plate on offer that others have been talking about and enjoying.

The other question, although not food related, are the A319s scheduled to leave the fleet? Tubular Belle, the bird on my segment, was looking rather ratty in F. Bulkhead laminates peeling, lots of scratches and scuffs. Still better than the UA bird I flew out on ^

The new service and menu have been fully implemented. The options you received this morning are the new summer menu breakfast items. You probably felt that what was offered was lacking, because PHL is not considered a premium market; therefore, you didn't get the full premium service or third entree option. I believe PHL was originally considered a premium market, but now that we are dropping it in the Fall, it is a regular trans-con market. BTW, it would behoove all of us at the company if you would email guest services and let them know if you felt the FA was not up to par. Like I always say, if you have a great FA or a bad FA PLEASE let the company know.

The A319s are sticking around. I assume the one you flew on had not gone through heavy maintenance yet and will probably need touching up very soon.

Thanks for your feedback on here. I'm always interested to hear the guest's perspective. Now I'm off to work another great flight!
Old Jun 13, 2014, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA G
Hm, has the snack meal been eliminated from the short haul flights? I'm on the 8:20pm SFO-LAS and all they have are the same snacks that are in economy. Last time I did LAS-SFO in First, there was the edamame hummus snack plate that was pretty tasty. Did it get cut? If all I'm getting are packaged snacks, then I might as well buy MCE instead.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 1:12 pm

FYI -- Tubular Belle is only 4 years old. It is extremely young (especially compared to UA's 319s).
Old Jun 14, 2014, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by unavaca
Hm, has the snack meal been eliminated from the short haul flights? I'm on the 8:20pm SFO-LAS and all they have are the same snacks that are in economy. Last time I did LAS-SFO in First, there was the edamame hummus snack plate that was pretty tasty. Did it get cut? If all I'm getting are packaged snacks, then I might as well buy MCE instead.

The snack meal has been eliminated on the short haul flights, due to a lack of guest interest and food waste. There will be a new, upgraded offering of snacks coming soon....until then, the current snack offerings are being used.

For morning flights, there is still the snack meal option (granola & yogurt) which will be in place until the new breakfast snacks are available.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 8:12 pm

The snack meal has been eliminated on the short haul flights, due to a lack of guest interest and food waste. There will be a new, upgraded offering of snacks coming soon....until then, the current snack offerings are being used.

For morning flights, there is still the snack meal option (granola & yogurt) which will be in place until the new breakfast snacks are available.
That's disappointing. I thought that was a nice touch compared to the snack basket available on UA. That said, VX's snack basket beats UA's snack basket any day of the week.

When you say there will be upgraded snacks -- are those snacks specific to First Class or will they be available throughout all cabins?

Thanks!
Old Jul 1, 2014, 11:17 pm

Programs: VX Silver
I flew BOS-LAX last week and found it interesting how the plates were brought up one by one as mentioned above.

However, the first appetizer I received was these awful spicy puffed wheat snacks. It felt awkward leaving the serving almost full and waiting 15 minutes for the next plate.

Other than that it was a great flight, this week I'm flying LAX-SFO in the morning, as I understand from the previous posts, they will serve at least a breakfast snack? I'm flying with my wife and mother in law and it will be her first time flying F so I hope they offer something relatively decent for a short flight.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Irwin Alvarado
I flew BOS-LAX last week and found it interesting how the plates were brought up one by one as mentioned above.

However, the first appetizer I received was these awful spicy puffed wheat snacks. It felt awkward leaving the serving almost full and waiting 15 minutes for the next plate.
If you get those again, I'd suggest that you let the FA know that you don't like them / can't eat them, and if you could have a bag of nuts, popchips, etc., instead.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 6:11 pm

For the curious, here's the current House White wine glass -- Entwine California Chardonay:

http://www.entwine-wines.com/our-wines/chardonnay

The half-bottle House White is Bon Voyage Rhone Valley Grignan-Les-Adhémar:

http://www.vivino.com/ruby-web/winer...es-adhmar-9999

Last edited by unavaca; Jul 6, 2014 at 6:58 pm
Old Jul 7, 2014, 3:32 pm

Bummer. I liked edamame humus quite a bit.

If I had to come up with a complaint about flying Virgin it's that service is fairly inconsistent and I'm never quite sure what to expect service-wise. Apparently I don't follow what's going on food-wise very closely. Going from large fruit plate to tiny fruit plate (morning) to decent sized snacky plate to smallish snacky plate (love the humus and truffle) to nada was a rude surprise.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by blarf
Bummer. I liked edamame humus quite a bit.

If I had to come up with a complaint about flying Virgin it's that service is fairly inconsistent and I'm never quite sure what to expect service-wise. Apparently I don't follow what's going on food-wise very closely. Going from large fruit plate to tiny fruit plate (morning) to decent sized snacky plate to smallish snacky plate (love the humus and truffle) to nada was a rude surprise.
Sounds like you need to provide some feedback to customer service!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.