Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anchorage, AK (ANC)?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2013, 9:25 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I'm curious as to what gate VX will use at ANC. I don't see AS giving them the time of day here, so that rules out the C concourse. B6 will need two gates if they keep their current schedule. That means UA, DL, US, and B6 will all have aircraft parked at B3 through B9 at the midnight hour.

Pretty much all that's left is B1, assuming Shared Services doesn't RON one of their 737's there overnight, or parking over at the never-neverland of the North Terminal.

In any case, stoked that VX is coming up here. ^
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Chugach
I'm curious as to what gate VX will use at ANC. I don't see AS giving them the time of day here, so that rules out the C concourse. B6 will need two gates if they keep their current schedule. That means UA, DL, US, and B6 will all have aircraft parked at B3 through B9 at the midnight hour.

Pretty much all that's left is B1, assuming Shared Services doesn't RON one of their 737's there overnight, or parking over at the never-neverland of the North Terminal.

In any case, stoked that VX is coming up here. ^
Now we know what to do with the A terminal

Better yet send them to N
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by beckoa
Now we know what to do with the A terminal

Better yet send them to N
Ha! I don't see ANC re-opening the upper level A gates just for one airline with one seasonal flight though. Although if WN makes their rumored entrance you never know.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 4:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Chugach
Ha! I don't see ANC re-opening the upper level A gates just for one airline with one seasonal flight though. Although if WN makes their rumored entrance you never know.
I could see A becoming a LCC terminal depending on its condition, especially if no vendors move in
Old Jul 17, 2013, 4:29 am

Programs: AS MVP
Anchorage 2014 booking?

If Virgin is going to fly ANC-SFO in '14 on more or less the same schedule as 2013, they should be restarting service around June 5, 2014. Any idea when they might begin booking?
Old Aug 12, 2013, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by KennyBSAT
If Virgin is going to fly ANC-SFO in '14 on more or less the same schedule as 2013, they should be restarting service around June 5, 2014. Any idea when they might begin booking?
They aren't sure if it is restarting.

When does this season's service end?
Old Aug 13, 2013, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K

Interesting.

Would be nice to see AS restart this service- but with 2x on United and 1x on VX... I'm sure the yields are shot for a 3rd carrier.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also, can anyone report as to the F meal offerings? Northbound is 8PM, so I hope it is a full dinner service. Southbound is a red-eye.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 6:05 pm

Also, can anyone report as to the F meal offerings? Northbound is 8PM, so I hope it is a full dinner service. Southbound is a red-eye.

The southbound ANC - SFO is a redeye menu. I don't work redeyes, but I believe right now the options are a turkey pesto sandwich with gazpacho or a egg & cheese croissant.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beckoa
Interesting.

Would be nice to see AS restart this service- but with 2x on United and 1x on VX... I'm sure the yields are shot for a 3rd carrier.
It has not been a consistent summer market for AS for years now.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VXCabinCrew
The southbound ANC - SFO is a redeye menu. I don't work redeyes, but I believe right now the options are a turkey pesto sandwich with gazpacho or a egg & cheese croissant.
But northbound is a full dinner service, correct?
Old Aug 16, 2013, 9:21 pm

Programs: AS MVP

September 8 or so. Still no sign of service to ANC for 2014. Bummer if it stays that way.
Old Aug 17, 2013, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On the route, is there a dropoff of Gogo wifi service?
Old Aug 18, 2013, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, the airline does send a "pre-departure" email, which is something that should be (1) on the website with the description of the inflight services (or lack thereof), and (2) an advisory when booking/ticketing the flights. It goes a little something like this ...

Our records indicate that you are soon scheduled to fly with us on VX61 from Anchorage (ANC) to San Francisco (SFO). We would like to make you aware that our GoGo Inflight Wireless and Dish Network satellite TV are available throughout the continental U.S. However, coverage for GoGo Wireless and Dish Network does not currently extend above the U.S./Canadian border.

We are truly sorry for any disappointment this may cause. You will still have access to many of our other features like premium movies, a selection of both premium and free On-Demand TV, and other video and music content via our Red In-Flight Entertainment System. Of course our electrical outlets will still be operating, too, so you won't miss a beat if you bring your own laptop, tablet or other electronic device pre-loaded with some great content.

We look forward to welcoming you on board and apologize for this inconvenience.

Kind regards,

The Virgin America Guest Services Team
Old Aug 18, 2013, 12:32 pm

Its about an hour and a half south of KTN and north of SEA... (depending on how far away from the coast one travels)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.