Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Partner Hawaiian Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Lightbulb New Partner Hawaiian Airlines

Redeem with Hawaiian Airlines

http://www.virginamerica.com/vx/rede...aiian-airlines

Hawaiian Airlines is Hawaii’s largest and longest-serving airline, offering nonstop service to Hawaii from 11 U.S. gateway cities—more than any other airline—along with service from Japan, South Korea, the Philippines, Australia, American Samoa, and Tahiti, and 170 daily flights between the Hawaiian Islands. Head to HawaiianAirlines.com to learn more.

Example JFK-HNL
Class Points Taxes & Fees
Coach 35,000 $5 taxes and fees
First Class 80,000 $5 taxes and fees

How to redeem Elevate points:
Your Elevate account can take you farther than ever. Use your points toward reward flights on Hawaiian Airlines by following these steps:
•Sign into your Elevate account to check your point balance.
•Pick a destination and use our point calculator to see if you’re good to go.
•Need a boost before you book? Buy points to top off your account.
•Give our Call Center a ring at 1.877.FLY.VIRGIN (877.359.8474) to grab a seat.

Which fees will I pay when I book with points?
Guests will need to pay applicable taxes and fuel surcharges on international flights booked with points. Our Call Center agents will communicate the exact amount you owe when you make your reservation.

Terms & Conditions:
Taxes and fees are accurate as of October 15th, 2012. Applicable taxes, charges, surcharges and fees are payable and communicated by our Call Center at the time of availability. All redemptions quoted are reward seats, subject to availability and to the Elevate terms and conditions. Reward bookings are not eligible to earn points. Point levels are based on an adult booking. Infant redemption bookings are not permitted.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:35 pm

Anyone know if the $20 call center reservation fee applies to these flights?
Old Nov 15, 2012, 1:39 pm

it's weird that they just made the announcement; i noticed the redemption option on the website a while ago. while it's great that they're offering redemption on hawaiian airlines, it would be nice to be able to earn Virgin America points on Hawaiian as well.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Wow....I didn't know that before. When VX will have a codeshare with HA? On which the specific route is that? I think HA/VX will have own codeshare flight from SFO/LAX/SEA/PDX/SAN-HNL/OGG. I wasn't sure if VX will have codeshare flight from PHX/SMF/SJC/JFK-HNL, but I am not quite sure.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 5:06 pm

Yeah!

All right, I can use my Elevate points to fly to Hawaii now!! I like the HA on-board product too, so this is a win-win! Although does this mean that VX is giving up on eventually flying to Hawaii?
Old Nov 15, 2012, 5:38 pm

Some decent redemptions-

55K miles + 53 dollars for R/T to Seoul, or Tokyo from SFO or LAX is not too shabby, but it does lend one to wonder-

How can someone really rack up that many VX miles?!

The R/T from JFK to HNL seems like one of the best deals going. 35K R/T +$5 in taxes.

I could be totally wrong though. Certainly better than those ABSURD fees and costs for the other Virgin partner redemptions.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 5:54 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
damn i guess I gotta start collecting VA points...some pretty good redemptions
Old Dec 13, 2012, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
If you start your trip in KOA it doesn't show LIH as a destination. I guess because it's not a non-stop flt. So you would have to book two flts, KOA-HNL and then HNL-LIH and use double the miles (6K for o/w or 12K for r/t)? http://virginamerica.com/vx/redeem-w...aiian-airlines
Old Jul 16, 2016, 2:00 pm

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I went to book OGG to ITO on HA with my VX miles and I was told it wasn't allowed (she found the flight and had our names entered and everything). The ITO to OGG flight is available though to book with points. Has anyone ran into this issue?
Old Jul 16, 2016, 9:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: Virgin America Gold, Virgin Atlantic Gold, AAdvantage Platinum, B6 Mosaic, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Duane Haas
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I went to book OGG to ITO on HA with my VX miles and I was told it wasn't allowed (she found the flight and had our names entered and everything). The ITO to OGG flight is available though to book with points. Has anyone ran into this issue?
Are you saying OGG-ITO is not allowed but ITO-OGG is?

Did the agent say it wasn't allowed on any date, or was the problem with the specific date you were hoping for (perhaps due to availability).
Old Jul 17, 2016, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by RedwoodA320
Are you saying OGG-ITO is not allowed but ITO-OGG is?

Did the agent say it wasn't allowed on any date, or was the problem with the specific date you were hoping for (perhaps due to availability).
Correct. ITO and KOA to OGG are in the dropdown box (https://www.virginamerica.com/cms/el.../redeem-points), but the opposite OGG (Maui) to KOA/ITO don't show up. I called and she found the 9:13AM flight I was wanting. Took down our names and checked my account for the available points (6000 needed) and then said "Oops I'm sorry. That route isn't available to us. You can only redeem from OGG to HNL, LIH, and MKK." So I asked why since the opposite route was available(ITO to OGG). And she said she didn't know and she was sorry.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA Gold, SPG
On a somewhat related note, HA flies OAK–LIH and LIH–OAK nonstop, but VX is saying those flights aren't bookable using Elevate Points. Is this simply because VX hasn't added the route to their redemption options or is there a different reason? Anyone know how to request / suggest the route(s) to VX to be added as redemption options?
Old Jul 18, 2016, 3:34 pm

I ended up getting a call from a manager of the redemption area. She said certain routes are not available because the revenue doesn't make sense to Virgin America. If it isn't on the award chart for redemptions, they don't allow it. It still seems odd that flying from OGG to KOA/ITO doesn't make sense, but ITO/KOA to OGG is perfectly fine.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 10:14 pm

Programs: MVPG, SPGG, MRG, HHGold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Duane Haas
I ended up getting a call from a manager of the redemption area. She said certain routes are not available because the revenue doesn't make sense to Virgin America. If it isn't on the award chart for redemptions, they don't allow it. It still seems odd that flying from OGG to KOA/ITO doesn't make sense, but ITO/KOA to OGG is perfectly fine.
I had precisely this same issue tonight - I tried to book OGG - KOA, but only the reverse route was available. I expressed significant consternation to the rep, but they said they could do nothing in this situation.

EDIT: I sent a note to Doug Stolls asking about this issue. I'll see if a senior manager can address this issue.

Last edited by jpaikman; Aug 2, 2016 at 10:38 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.