Wiki Posts
Search

Shopping area near an US airport

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2015, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK G,UA *S
Originally Posted by chgoeditor
Clothing prices are the same same across all of a brand's retail outlets, regardless of what state they are located in. What costs $100 in Illinois (~6-10% tax) also costs $100 in NJ (0% clothing tax). Unlike many countries, in the US tax is added on top of the price marked on the label. So in you'd pay $109.25 for the $100 item in Chicago and $100 for it in New Jersey.
This example is relavant to see that clothing price after tax is indeed lower in these tax free states.
Many thanks for this information.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 6:29 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
These are the five US states with no sales tax on any merchandise: Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire, Oregon. Other states may exempt specific items such as clothing or food, but charge tax on most other things.
Old May 9, 2015, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

What about shopping near PIT airport?
Can anybody give any insight on it? I saw there is public transport available to a nearby plaza with a TJ Maxx and Marshalls.

Thanks
Old May 12, 2015, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
You can also get to Horton Plaza (shopping mall) from SAN via a ~15 minute bus ride: http://tinyurl.com/lxzknaz
Old May 29, 2015, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flymexico2010
What about shopping near PIT airport?
Can anybody give any insight on it? I saw there is public transport available to a nearby plaza with a TJ Maxx and Marshalls.

Thanks
I need to say that finally I gave a try to PIT.
Public transport to nearby shopping mall very efficient and cheap, and no sales tax on clothing and shoes.^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.