Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Domestic First- No meals <3.5 hours

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2013, 7:36 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by Superguy
Just wanted to report that PHX-ANC still has a meal even though it leaves at 846p due to the recent time change.

The system lists it as "refreshments" now, and the club confirmed that. So of course, I get something to eat in the terminal only to find the FA taking orders a little while into the flight.

Choices were the exact same as last time - actually, it was the exact same meal: beef with a glaze, brussel sprouts and brown rice or tortellini and mixed vegetables in white sauce with a salad and antipasto plate. Dessert was the same creme brullee cheesecake.
Good to hear...thanks for the report. Hopefully I upgrade this flight next week
Old Nov 23, 2013, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I've got a PHX-JFK segment booked on US in January as part of an award trip to SIN. Never have flown US F, so not quite sure what to expect.

Will meals or service be improved because this is a transcon, or do they just treat it like any other domestic flight? Looks like it'll be flown on an A321..
Old Nov 23, 2013, 11:26 am
Formerly known as I_Hate_US_Airways

Programs: My Loyalty Programs? I now VOTE with my wallet!!!
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I've got a PHX-JFK segment booked on US in January as part of an award trip to SIN. Never have flown US F, so not quite sure what to expect.

Will meals or service be improved because this is a transcon, or do they just treat it like any other domestic flight? Looks like it'll be flown on an A321..
You'll get a decent 3 course meal (-:
Old Nov 23, 2013, 11:53 am

Programs: Free Agent

Typical transcon dinner service is a round of drinks and a snack mix once in the air, warm towels, your choice of a meat or pasta dish, which is served with salad and sides, followed by a dessert (cheesecake or similar, IME). It's nothing glamorous, but it's a good service and decent food.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by I_Can_Fly_US_Airways
You'll get a decent 3 course meal (-:
As long as its not like the crap on UA, I'm sure I'll enjoy it

Originally Posted by PBIGuy
Typical transcon dinner service is a round of drinks and a snack mix once in the air, warm towels, your choice of a meat or pasta dish, which is served with salad and sides, followed by a dessert (cheesecake or similar, IME). It's nothing glamorous, but it's a good service and decent food.
Same for lunch service? I depart around 10am.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 2:04 pm

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Starting in April, the flight time for FC meals will mirror American. More positive changes coming. I'll keep you informed.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 2:56 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
I think that's the flight I took last year and they served breakfast. I was starving by the time we got into the city. Almost wish they'd do a meal then a snack on the longer flights.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flight62
Starting in April, the flight time for FC meals will mirror American. More positive changes coming. I'll keep you informed.
Good to hear. Hopefully this is a trend we'll see throughout the merger process. ^

Originally Posted by aztimm
I think that's the flight I took last year and they served breakfast. I was starving by the time we got into the city. Almost wish they'd do a meal then a snack on the longer flights.
So far, it's coded as lunch on the website. Who knows if that'll change between now and then, especially if US will start to mirror our meal stAAndards.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
NO WAY!! Such great news to hear Flight62!!!! As always thank you for your info! ^^^
Old Nov 23, 2013, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
As long as its not like the crap on UA, I'm sure I'll enjoy it

US F service on this 4 hour flight (especially if it is lunch) will be a fair amount better than UA for a similar flight length. I fly UA a good amount from DCA-DEN (a similar 3.5 hour flight), and US beats UA.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 4:50 pm

Woo! Please do!
Old Nov 23, 2013, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Yayyyy the new American is arriving indeed
Old Nov 24, 2013, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold

US does not offer different meals on flight of 3 hrs or 6 hrs. App, Salad, Entree, and Dessert. Which flight are you on? US does have WiFi on all A321's and there is no IFE, load your iPad or tablet.

The meals are generally pretty good, I just wish the portions were a little bigger then what is served. You should have at least two pass's of the snack basket after meal service.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by aztimm
In Jan US only has two flight PHX-JFK, They had three for a while, one left at 7ish AM the other left 9ish Am, the 7am got breakfast, the 9ish gets lunch.. I wish they would do a brunch service... I had a 9am flight to ORD, and at 10:25am was served lunch...
Old Nov 24, 2013, 6:32 am

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Originally Posted by antelabbit
Woo! Please do!
I will. Lot's of changes coming. I would imagine you will probably see in the future glassware back in FC on all flights.

IFE still not decided. Hoping if anything the A321's get same system as the AA new 319/321's. Will let you know.

I am trying to get on the F/A intergration team. <crosses finger>

Good news is US VP of InFlight will be at new American and will have the budget to do great things. He's a top notch guy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.