Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Domestic First- No meals <3.5 hours

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2013, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
Does anyone know if the 8:10pm CLT-SEA serves dinner in F?
Old Jun 17, 2013, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by ORDPLATAA
It did the last time I flew it in early spring.

Most if not all of the 8pm westbound transcon departures do serve dinner in F.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
Great - thanks.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ORDPLATAA
Just a FYI, do a dummy booking in F and it will show you what is served, however, as someone posted out, most if not all of the westbound flights (except redeyes) will have a meal.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 6:31 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Just a FYI, do a dummy booking in F and it will show you what is served, however, as someone posted out, most if not all of the westbound flights (except redeyes) will have a meal.
Be aware, as posted up thread, that this is not always accurate.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 9:21 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Upcoming 8:45pm DCA-LAS flight lists Refreshments in F. I've gotten meals on other westbound flights in the 8-9pm time frame, but I haven't flown this route before. Does anyone have experience getting a meal on this flight?
Old Jun 24, 2013, 11:08 am

Programs: AS 100K
what does US serve on flight under 3.5hrs (IAH-PHX / PHX-SEA)? snack basket or what not?
Old Jun 24, 2013, 3:18 pm

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Snack Basket....
Old Jun 25, 2013, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by atcanobbio
what does US serve on flight under 3.5hrs (IAH-PHX / PHX-SEA)? snack basket or what not?
The really short flights PHX-SAN/LAX/BUR usually do not get the snack basket, but longer fligts of an hour + will get the snack basket
Old Jun 25, 2013, 6:43 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
The really short flights PHX-SAN/LAX/BUR usually do not get the snack basket, but longer fligts of an hour + will get the snack basket
I got the snack basked in F on PHX-SAN, in April of this year.

When I flew PHX-IAH last July, I think they did 2 passes of the snack basket. The FA usually has more snacks to replenish it.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 7:47 am

Programs: AA EXP: : SPG Plat; HH Gold
Surprisingly i was on CLT-TYS which is about a 40 minute flight and not only received drink service and PDB but also a full snack back. Unexpected but appreciated.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by aztimm
I got the snack basked in F on PHX-SAN, in April of this year.

When I flew PHX-IAH last July, I think they did 2 passes of the snack basket. The FA usually has more snacks to replenish it.
I stand correct and yes you are right, I shouldn't have been posting that early in the day.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Today DFW to PHL. No snack basket offered - only one pack of trail mix and one offer of drink service. Flight time was over 2.5 hours. The FA did have time to sell some credit cards though.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by lemfc
Today DFW to PHL. No snack basket offered - only one pack of trail mix and one offer of drink service. Flight time was over 2.5 hours. The FA did have time to sell some credit cards though.
DFW-PHL is a full dinner (drinks/ nuts + appetizer & entree + separate dessert course) service on AA. I am really surprised this is not a meal flight on US. Hope the new airline keeps the AA service standards.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by lemfc
What was your flight number and time of departure? you should have gotten a full meal, there are some exception to the 3.5 hr rule, and this is one of those flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.