Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DM SkyMall Mileage Offer Not Honored???

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2011, 1:28 am

Programs: AA ExP
Originally Posted by Nikolaos
Regarding the topic of the thread, i have to mention that recently i participated in a deal through the Shopping Mall, where the vendor tried to trick the customers, by stating a highly mileage earning and using "tricky" language in the terms and conditions.

After i contacted the vendor, who gave me the response "it is not my problem", i contacted DM and after a couple of weeks i got credit for 25K miles plus the 25K from my CP bonus!!

Since then, i have no reason not to trust the US Shopping Mall and the will of these people to make their customers look right, even in the unfortunate case that a vendor is not honoring his promises.
Good to hear! Having a trustworthy, reliable shopping mall with good customer service will doing amazing things for their business! I agree that US DM Mall has had an excellent reputation for honesty and integrity. I hope it continues.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
My US Air contact advised on Thursday Aug 11 that FreeCause would get in touch with me 'within a day or so'.
- Friday 'a day'
- Monday 'or so'
- Tuesday still 'or so'

It's one thing not to fear a customer by blowing them off, its another thing not to fear the company that you have been subcontracted to work for!!!

On a more encouraging note, the longer that FreeCause chooses to stay out of touch, the more it intensifies the motives behind their non-engagement. Companies with good stories (or even semi-defensible bad stories) are typically poised to come to the table. This mileage mall offer and our conduct within it, must be pretty damn bulletproof for it to take over 6 weeks for FreeCause to still be in the midst of conjuring up a response as to their culpability.

As frustrating as it is not hearing from them as we were not looking to demonize or accuse them at the outset, their silence is indeed golden......no contact mean no defense!
Old Aug 16, 2011, 8:15 pm

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Anxiously awaiting the outcome of your claim!
Old Aug 17, 2011, 1:12 am
Original Poster

UPDATE:

On one hand, EasyCGI claims that a 'rogue affiliate' was responsible for their mileage mall offer, meaning they could not keep track of this affiliate's conduct.

Yet, in early July less than a week after we contacted FreeCause, ALL of the Endurance parent company subsidiaries' offers were totally changed (fewer miles, more restrictions) in TOTAL SYNC.

And late last week, just about every Endurance mileage mall offer on DM was removed in TOTAL SYNC.

Either EasyCGI all of a sudden was able to get its gaggle of affiliates to operate in lockstep OR EasyCGI had control over the offers directly or on a centralized basis over the affiliates. Either way, it demonstrates that EasyCGI had the wherewithal to have oversight on its mileage mall deals, but simply did not execute effectively or at all.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 3:11 pm

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
I've been spending some time in the mileage mall today and it's interesting to notice that the offers with "no restrictions" are very few and far between now. There is either a minimum spend or a maximum "one per member" clause on any of the ones offering a flat rate award like "792 miles per purchase."

Looks like maybe Skymall or Freecause or whoever is setting these miles levels has used our bad experience with Easy CGI as motivation to tighten up their T&C across the board. Fair play but that does admit your offers were too generous before, almost like a de facto admission that there was no fraud, no shennanigans, just someone setting these award levels who didn't know what they were getting themselves into and now wants to avoid paying up!
Old Aug 19, 2011, 7:44 am
Original Poster

An intriguing couple of days:

All of a sudden, a BURST of contact:
* USAir/DM Manager commits to re-engaging FreeCause to communicate with me, and lo and behold, yesterday, I get an email from President Mike Jaconi. Regrettably, after 7 weeks of an investigative window, Freecause still seems to have no definitive info from EasyCGI....that in itself should be conclusive!!!!
* HA Sr. VP of Marketing Avi Mannis has confirmed that HA is actively involved in trying to understand and resolve
* A colleague of mine now has an HA affiliate marketing company, Kobie Marketing Dir of Loyalty Services Carlos Dunlap actively involved.

Am pleased that we maintained our vigilance with no sabre-rattling, just dogged adherence to the facts.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Wow, this blog from Gary Leff has given me pause for thought about the possible less than objective role that Freecause might be playing in this drama. As I am not as savvy as Gary or mileage mall mavens, I can't really comment about Gary's speculation, but maybe others who understand the mileage mall/affiliate working relationship can weigh in!

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfr...ause/#comments
Old Aug 24, 2011, 12:58 am
Original Poster

If it turns out that FreeCause is indeed BOTH the mileage mall customer service contact that HA/US referred us to, YET FreeCause has a fiduciary interest as an actual affiliate itself. How is it reasonable for FreeCause to be an honest broker in resolving issues like ours, when they in effect, have skin in the game?

Dear xxxxx,

Thank you for contacting The Dividend Miles Toolbar & Mall Support.

Please be advised that we have escalated your concern to our Reporting Department for the Deducted Miles to be posted back. As soon as the postback appears on your account for this missing transaction, all miles will be reinstated and be valid for another 18 months.

We will contact you via email to advise you of the outcome.

Thank you for your patience regarding this matter.

Best Regards,

The Dividend Miles Toolbar & Mall Support Team

usairways.skymall.com

[email protected]

Tel: 1-888-238-8495

AND

Aloha XXXXX,

Thank you for your inquiry to Hawaiianair.com.

For faster service, please contact the partner directly to verify the mileage activity on your account.

Please contact our HawaiianMiles Service Center at 1-877-426-4537, (toll free) during business hours, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Hawaii Standard Time, Monday through Friday for agent for further inquiry / assistance.

Mahalo,
So I called, go a nice lady..... She put me on hold for a few minutes and when she got back said that they don't have a number for EasyCGI, but she can give me a number to call. The number that she gave me is a FreeCause customer service number.

FreeCause has represented to us that they have been 'investigating' our denial of mileage earning for going on 8 weeks. If in fact, they are the affiliate that is not getting paid by the vendor because of their 'unauthorized' mileage mall offer, what/who, pray tell, has FreeCause been 'investigating' all this time, when it appears they are in fact the culpable party???

Last edited by beaubo; Aug 25, 2011 at 8:07 am
Old Aug 24, 2011, 12:59 am
Original Poster

EasyCGI outs FreeCause as the alleged 'rogue affiliate'. Although in fairness to FreeCause, we have shared this allegation with them and asked them to respond/refute/clarify within 48 hours.

Hello,

Thank you for your email. It was discovered recently that an independent third party named FreeCause (“FreeCause”), unrelated to EasyCGI, issued an offer promising airline miles in connection with certain purchases of EasyCGI services. Please note that this FreeCause offer was not made by EasyCGI. Nor was such offer authorized, approved of or participated in by EasyCGI. Please understand EasyCGI is not responsible for the actions or inactions of FreeCause. To the extent that any referred customer has issues with the offer made by FreeCause, please refer any inquiries to the offeror, namely FreeCause. EasyCGI has terminated its relations with FreeCause as a result of this unauthorized use of the EasyCGI name in connection with such offers. EasyCGI has further refunded any and all amounts paid to EasyCGI by customers in connection with any related accounts or purchases referred by FreeCause.

Please feel free to reply to this message if we can assist you any further.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 1:19 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Diamond, LH SEN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
It still feels like something strange is going on. With Grand Slam starting I hope we don't have to fight US/Freecause for proper hit credit from mall transactions!
Old Aug 24, 2011, 1:49 am
Original Poster

Wandering Aramean chimes in..

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/thewa....alls/#comments
Old Aug 28, 2011, 2:34 am
Original Poster

After EIGHT weeks, including requests for INTERNAL information readily accessible by Freecause, the company President has improved from no communication to simply no-content communication!!!

Steve,

We are continuing to work on this, and we will be back to you by Tuesday of next week.

Thanks for your patience, Steve.

Best,

Mike

This from a company who is identified by US and HA as the primary contact when there are mileage mall issues by a customer.

....sigh...
Old Aug 28, 2011, 4:49 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by beaubo
After EIGHT weeks, including requests for INTERNAL information readily accessible by Freecause, the company President has improved from no communication to simply no-content communication!!!

Steve,

We are continuing to work on this, and we will be back to you by Tuesday of next week.

Thanks for your patience, Steve.

Best,

Mike

This from a company who is identified by US and HA as the primary contact when there are mileage mall issues by a customer.

....sigh...
Tuesday is at least very specific! Wonder what the new/next excuse will be?
Old Sep 7, 2011, 3:05 pm

Have you gotten an update/resolution on this lately?
Old Sep 7, 2011, 4:25 pm

Programs: AA ExP
Originally Posted by iluvthsgam
Have you gotten an update/resolution on this lately?
FreeCause offered 10K miles per person, which is pathetic. It appears at this point that FreeCause was in gross violation of their contract with EasyCGI (there's a clause in EasyCGI's affiliate contract that disallows giving incentives for signups) which leaves FreeCause and US Airways (the T&C of the DM Mall says that this is a legal agreement between the customer and FreeCause/US together) with full responsibility for paying out the miles, no matter whether EasyCGI pays them commissions or not. We're pursuing with US Air executives and attorneys general of the states where these companies are headquartered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.