Schedule Change on Itinerary booked with Denied Boarding Voucher

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2007, 11:17 pm
Formerly known as rwk32882
Original Poster

Programs: IHTFP, AS 75k, AA EXP, AC 75k, ex-UA 1K, Ex-BD *G (RIP), SPG Gold
Schedule Change on Itinerary booked with Denied Boarding Voucher

Hi everyone,

I searched around some on this forum but either a) I can't find what I'm looking for because of the multitude of voucher-related threads or b) the answer isn't there (unlikely, I agree). In any case, I've given up searching.

I have an itinerary that was booked using a denied boarding voucher (round trip flight cert) for sometime next month. I've been thinking about changing the destination city on this trip but just haven't gotten around to it. Yesterday, I received a voicemail from USAir stating that there had been some schedule changes to my trip and that they'd like to talk to me. I was able to determine online that this meant that my departure time crept forward by 2 hours and have yet to call them.

My preference is just to change the entire itinerary (new dates, different city) regardless of what changes they are making to the itin. Does the schedule change give the agent any room to change the itin without a fee? If not, am I just looking at the usual $100 fee?

Thanks!
Old Feb 2, 2007, 6:55 am

Programs: AC Subhuman (*A silver), NW Barely Alive
Originally Posted by rwk32882
My preference is just to change the entire itinerary (new dates, different city) regardless of what changes they are making to the itin. Does the schedule change give the agent any room to change the itin without a fee? If not, am I just looking at the usual $100 fee?
I recently flew a VDB-booked itinerary from ABQ to OGS (upstate New York). It was scheduled to be a red-eye flight ABQ-PHX-(redeye)-PIT-OGS, but the PHX-PIT redeye was cancelled. They rebooked us on a crazy ABQ-PHX-LAS-CLT-PIT-OGS (which I would have loved for the miles, but my wife was with me, and probably wouldn't have enjoyed it).

I called and got the run around for the first few calls (Manilla call centre) - with the word "NO" being thrown around. I finally had enough, started being extremely curt with the agent, and got the date changed without any problem, plus an adjustment to daytime flights only.

That being said, I tried suggesting switching the flights to Ottawa rather than Ogdensburg, and got a pretty firm "NO". I didn't push it, but I imagine with a completely unacceptable schedule change, they might do it.

I think trying BOTH date and origin/destination changes might put you out of luck; one MIGHT work. IMHO, of course.

Good luck!

PS - of course, the fact our OGS-PIT flight was cancelled and we had to go out of Ottawa anyway, made the whole runaround on the phone moot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.