Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Date change / massive reprice issue

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2014, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Date change / massive reprice issue

Hi, escaped over here from the BA forum and hoping you can advise me!

I have the return portion of a ticket that I'm trying to amend the date of.

The (flown) outbound was back in June, LAX - PHL - MAN - fare class L - fare basis LHWWUNE3

I had the return booked as LHR - JFK on a BA code share on Oct 12 @ 4pm - fare class E - fare basis EJWEU0EU

I checked flightstats and picked out a flight with E availability on Dec 8th (11.30am) and called and changed no problem, just a $300 change fee

I immediately realized I needed Dec 1st and called back. She spoke to a supervisor and could wave any further change fee but there was no E availability on the 11.30am. So we picked out the 1.15pm. But she then called the rates desk who are saying there is a $700 fare difference?

This isn't worth it, I will just book a new ticket. But when I look online the 1.15pm on the 1st prices the same as the 11.30am on the 8th?

Can anyone see why or help me with the right thing to say to them so that they can figure it out with no fare difference as I just can't see why there would be one.

Last edited by sammyg901; Sep 20, 2014 at 10:52 am
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:16 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Call again and ask them to look for the exact same fare code you have and are seeing as available.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Could there be issues with which fares can be combined with your previously flown L fare? Also, many cheap RT fares do not allow long stays at the destination, so there could be maximum stay constraints here that are affecting the cost of your ticket.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

I called back again and they kept me on hold for an age and just couldn't figure it out - seemed to be some weird issue with the pricing as I had US sectors and op. by BA sectors and it was actually quite an expensive ticket so should have been fine.

So they just forced through the the change with no further charge beyond the change fee

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.