Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boeing Boy--Update

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2014, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by RDU-Man
like many on FT, i have never met Jim but I feel like I know him from following the US Forum for years and appreciating his informative and reasonable posts. Wishing you well, my friend . . . .
Additionally, I always found Jim to be the voice of calm and reason whenever others might have turned to acrimony, in expressing their feelings.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite (Lifetime Platinum)
Please pass on my best wishes to Jim for a fast and successful recovery as much as possible. As a motorcycle rider myself we all know there are risks for the rewards, but it's still horrible to hear about accidents and injuries.

Miss his insightful posts and comments.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 9:48 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat
I am so sorry to hear. He is always such a great source of information and quick to help. I hope he has a speedy recovery.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:09 pm

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
I just posted a question to Jim on another topic; I did not know about his injuries. Hopefully, all will repair and be well soon.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 6:27 am

Programs: American Executive Platinum, One World Emerald, IC Royal Ambassador
Oh dear...I am so glad to know of this. Jim...if you read these, I hope you are heartened by the outpouring of well wishes. I echo what others have said. I have always found "just that retired pilot" to be very reassuring and helpful on this board...You always bring the right spirit to our discussions. Rest well and recover.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 1:17 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Hopefully there will be a post coming soon from Jim & considering it will be good news.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CoFounder and Chairman, FFOCUS (Frequent Flyers Organized and concerned about Unacceptable Service.
Folks, you should very hearing from ?Jim himself very soon, with positive news...all I'll say is that he is home. He'll tell you the rest....
Old Sep 7, 2014, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
My best wishes for a speedy recovery, Jim! ^
Old Sep 7, 2014, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Art234
Folks, you should very hearing from ?Jim himself very soon, with positive news...all I'll say is that he is home. He'll tell you the rest....
Thanks for the update
Old Sep 8, 2014, 2:16 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Boeing Boy--Update

Can't wait to have him back online. He has been greatly missed.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Glad to hear he's making good progress!
Old Sep 8, 2014, 9:11 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by coachrowsey
Hopefully there will be a post coming soon from Jim & considering it will be good news.
Further to coach and Art's posts, I spoke to Jim yesterday, and considering all that he's been through, he was in excellent spirits! If I didn't know any better, I think that he may have been sniffing around for hints of a future BBQ Do.

I know that all of our thoughts and prayers have meant a lot to him. Keep 'em coming! ^
Old Sep 8, 2014, 2:06 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Originally Posted by SS255
If I didn't know any better, I think that he may have been sniffing around for hints of a future BBQ Do.
Me thinks the same thing
Old Sep 10, 2014, 9:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CoFounder and Chairman, FFOCUS (Frequent Flyers Organized and concerned about Unacceptable Service.
Ffolks,
Coach and I had dinner with Jim and his bride this evening...BBQ of course. He looked great and has an amazingly positive attitude and outlook. He has a long road ahead but is facing it with determination and commitment, as well as the dedication and support of his lovely bride..

It was great to see him enjoying BBQ and sharing laughs...he is an inspiration to us all. He truly appreciates all your comments and well wishes. I hope we see him posting himself here very soon...
Old Sep 11, 2014, 12:18 pm

Programs: None
As promised by Art and Coach, I'm baaack....

After nearly 6 weeks in the hospital I'm home at last. Recovery is going well and so far quicker than anticipated initially. After the surgeries - 9 of them - I was in rehab at the hospital for 2 weeks and now getting it at home 2 days a week and on my own the other 5 days.

For those interested, let me say first that it's not a good idea to have a fight with a guard rail - the guard rail always wins. In my case that meant mangling both lower legs. The left will just be a matter of a lot of healing since there was enough muscle, skin, and bone left to patch it back together. The right didn't fare as well - I told Meg that the end of my thigh looked like a ham hock that'd been picked over pretty well. The doctor amputated it just above the knee which will of course mean a prosthetic knee, calf, ankle and foot is in my future. They are doing some amazing things integrating computers with prostheses these days.

Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers. They have and will continue to make this recovery process go relatively quickly and smoothly.

Jim

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.